Style: UK SIM Free|Colour: Cyan|Change
Price:£64.99 - £99.99

on 24 October 2013
I won't go into the iOS versus Android versus Windows Phone debate here, but just focus on the Lumia 520 device itself. I think it's quite brilliant value for money! I bought a Lumia 610 about 18 months ago and thought that was pretty good, but the 520 is definitely a better device, and significantly cheaper too. Sure, it's made of plastic (or "polycarbonate" as Nokia's marketing people prefer to call it), but it's well made. And, despite it's troubles as a company, Nokia is still a premium brand that builds quality phones.
on 8 June 2017
hi I purchased this phone last October but I sorry to say its a disaster, I tried repeatly to charge it but no luck it just wont charge I also tried renewing the battery also the charger but still no luck. I say it will not charge but it will some times, sorry not good enough ,now it wont switch on ,same as before some times it does not good enough. I have tried to contact amazon for a return but it appears it outwith there return policy but surely its got a years guarantee from the supplier I cant contact him either.I am Ats my wits end what can do now any suggestions any one? I had 3 nokia phones previously no probs really liked them I have now bought a new microsoft phone which I req for my business which I am ( dare I say )I am happy with help
on 17 May 2014
In my opinion, my Lumia 520 is better than a Moto G because of it's perfect size and shape, and better than an iPhone because of the exceptional Windows 8 operating system. It beats an HTC One because it recognises that a phone is not a piece of jewelery, it beats a Samsung Galaxy S5 because it understands that it's not cool to have a ridiculously large screen, and it beats pretty much every other budget smartphone under it's retail price by making them look extremely tacky and unreliable.

First, it looks smart enough to grace any high-flying businessman's pocket. With smartphones now taking some really crazy screen-to-body ratios, Nokia has kept a level head and simply produced the best looking smartphone. It's 4 inch screen is the perfect size, enough said. It's resolution, about 230dpi, is also just perfect (without going high-res mad). There's a very good level of detail in pictures and it's general display of text and logos, and very good is all I desire.

Second, the Windows OS is really user-friendly, feels slick, and gives good advice while using it to help conserve battery or protect privacy etc. It always tells you when it might send data to Microsoft or Nokia, so you can change the option if you wish, thus making it very transparent. In 'Settings', the options are fairly extensive but it's really simple to understand what you're doing or changing and it's not difficult to change back.

Thirdly, the app choice in the Windows Store is better in my opinion than Android and iOS. There's a super selection of apps in all categories you can think of. Don't think that the Windows Store on here is limited - it's huge - and many apps have thousands of ratings and swiping the screen lets you see the reviews for it, screenshots etc.

Fourthly, I really like the 'desktop' or Start 'menu'. Basically, you can 'pin' an app to the Start screen and then choose what size you want it as - a big rectangle, square, or small square. It's just so simple to change it's size and customise the apps' location on the screen, that's why I really love it. Also, swipe the screen to the left to access all your apps in a list. Much much better than having several pages for my front screen like on my old HTC Sensation.

Fifth, thank you Windows and Nokia for providing with my Lumia 520, a fantastic looking and functioning Sat-Nav with Nokia Maps and Nokia Drive. OK, so on here, you can download maps for ANY country in the world, for free. Then you can track your location anywhere on it with it's GPS. The Nokia Drive is essentially the 'Sat-Nav' which operates better than my TomTom and you can search for a place as your destination, then simply press 'Start Navigation' and off you go. Sat-nav is totally free for driving (3D) and walking (2D) for any route inside the UK, and no data connection needed for it at all unless you want traffic updates etc. Shows your speed, the speed limit, names of street etc. etc. Has it all.

So here we are, a smartphone that looks smart and remembers it's a phone. Thank you Nokia, you're still the best in my eyes.
on 21 March 2014
I seem to be in the minority, but I like Windows 8(1). I have a computer, tablet and now a phone, all on Windows, they work well and sync perfectly. The phone itself is ideal, unlocked and at a very good price. The charge lasts for 5 days,with me. That is with light to medium use. With heavy use you should get a full 24 hours. It does everything I want
on 8 June 2017
Bought to replace an old second hand Nokia my son gave me. Have been using this a couple of years now and it's nothing short of brilliant, haven't had any trouble with it at all and it does everything extremely well. Was not offered the windows 10 mobile upgrade by Microsoft (so still using windows 8.1) but when it performs as well as it does who cares?
on 25 May 2017
Great phone although old can still play 720p HD videos and has a relatively fast processor only let down is Windows os is just not as easy to use as Android or Ios
on 13 March 2017
great product
on 13 July 2015
Didn't last a month,it's a brick that won't start up,don't buy.
on 7 April 2017
Bought this as congratulatory gift for a family member.
on 9 November 2016