on 23 March 2014
After doing a fair amount of research, both in-store and on-line, I bought the soundbar direct from Amazon as it was the cheapest supplier by just a few pence from one other company but significantly cheaper than all the other companys advertising it. It was very simple to set up and the quality of sound produced is remarkable. I had not been aware just how poor the Samsung LED TV's own speakers were, it didn't sound that bad at all although there was no real way of comparing it with anything else of course. The various settings, News, Drama, Cinema, Music etc are all quite different and amply demonstrate the advantages over the in-built speakers. I wouldn't be without it now.
on 29 November 2014
Bought this for my mum because the speakers on her tv are rubbish. The sound difference is amazing, it's clear and loud but you need to get the settings right and buy an optical cable. I read on another comment where it said the best settings are : smart volume on, DRC standard, 3D sound plus music and bass/sub on +4. These settings worked brilliant for me. My mum is very happy with her gift also!
on 18 March 2014
This is a really good product. The sound is great and I can plug in my iPad too. Delivery was prompt. You do need an optical lead though.
on 3 October 2013
This is attached to a series 6 37 inch samsung LED with optical cable and the difference in sound is amazing. It is not surround but for the price it does give a good depth to sound and watching movies is so much more fun.
on 29 December 2013
I purchased this soundbar a few weeks ago so have had plenty of time to experience it's full potential. Firstly you need to purchase an optical digital cable to connect it to your tv ( this is not included ). This will give you the best possible sound quality. Previous reviews have said it can sound echo-y. I find it's more of an enhancement of the sound than echo-y. It's no longer of a struggle hearing the speech when watching a movie. I only use my soundbar when watching movies because I believe this is what they are designed for and not for listening to the news,etc. As I am writing this review I am watching iron man 3 and the sound is amazing. You will hear sounds that you will have never heard before through your tv. You do need to tweak with the settings on your remote to get the sound that suits you. I have mine set to cinema effect. I have turned the subwoofer level set to +4 to give a deep bass sound and have increased the audio sync so the lip sync and sound match up. The problem with a lot of the reviews on here are that people don't set their soundbars up correctly. If you don't change any of the settings you probably would be dissappointed. My advice would be to play around with the settings and get the sound effect that suits you best. I cannot fault this soundbar especially for its price, there probably are far better ones on the market like Bose, Sonos, etc but you will have to pay top end price. If you are looking for a reasonable priced soundbar that will improve your movie watching experience then this is definitely for you.
33 Comments| 89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 November 2014
Definitely an improvement compared to the normal TV speakers, no doubt about it! I read other reviews stating the opposite, but I went for it, and I am very happy with the purchase.

It was very easy to set up (although I had to buy the optical audio cable). One downside is that this product isn't bluetooth compatible, if you need that you have to get the never version.
on 6 January 2014
This sound bar is excellent I can now hear the TV without it having to be a full blast, Brilliant highly recommend this product
on 9 January 2014
I got this product for my 40" Samsung LED 3D TV and I am more than impressed!

The soundbar alone has a very good clear sound that is better than the speakers built into my TV, and my TV speakers are excellent. But the subwoofer is what truly makes this soundbar special!

The Subwoofer makes you feel like you're actually in the cinema! It doesn't only sound amazing with scenes involving explosions but it often makes relatively quiet scenes sound very immersive and impressive.

As for the surround sound aspect of things, I have this in a relatively small room and the surround sound properties aren't that noticeable. However what is noticeable is the amazing sound itself that does fill up the entire room in that respect but not in a way that it feels like the sound is actually coming from various points in the room.

Although, saying that, I was watching a horror film on Blu-ray, "REC 2" if you must know :), and there were a few scenes in the film where people were shouting over to each other and talking and it almost felt like some of the voices were coming from behind me. Which made things even scarier as it was a horror movie.

I haven't had the soundbar that long, only for a few weeks, so I probably haven't had enough time to experience it's full potential. I also believe that the fact the sound bar is in a small room is causing the surround sound to be more ineffective.

One of the things I love about this soundbar is, when watching a movie I've seen before it's like watching it for the first time again, because you hear sounds you could never hear before. All the small details that you just can't experience from standard built-in speakers on the TV.

So, in conclusion, this product is excellent. I can't complain and it well deserves a 5 star rating. I recommend this 100%!
on 9 March 2015
The sound bar and sub are pretty good and still hooked up in my living room today. I bought this 14 months ago and it has been used more or less every day since it was bought. The sound was a huge improvement on my LG TV's tinny quality, it works well with the Xbox and Bluray films sound immense through it.

The downside to the system is the subwoofer volume cannot be adjusted separately from the soundbar, so if you find it too bassy, tough.

The reason I have only given it 3 stars, is that the subwoofer stopped working during month 13, one month out of warranty. It works most of the time, but when you are watching a film or tv show, the sub will randomly fire up at full blast and scare the crap out of everyone in the room.
on 3 October 2014
OK so this is a downgrade due to the lounge set up in my new property. I'm renting so I am limited to solutions when it comes to hiding cables etc, and my kef/cambridge audio heavyweight AV amp etc, just had nowhere to go. With a heavy heart I conceded that unless I wanted to live in the speaker wire and cable equivalent of spaghetti junction, I needed an alternative. A soundbar set up looked the best option. I did a lot of research and considered the whole wireless set up but it worried me when I heard numerous comments about latency issues with speech and subwoofers dropping out throughout a movie, so I went with the wired option. I have to say that I am very happy with this purchase. To be fair the bass is well rounded and the wire connected to the subwoofer is not very noticeable. It's perfect for the medium sized living room we have, and fills it quite easily. To be honest my old set up would have blown the neighbours eardrums, and this is far more subtle. All in all a great purchase. Oh yes, I watched 300 Rise of an Empire last night, and it handled everything very nicely.