Customer reviews

on 19 June 2017
I agree with the many who rated this high. It's great quality and so simple to fix. It comes with instructions, but my husband ignores these and he had it together in minutes. I really cannot understand why anyone would rate this low. It's exactly what you see in the picture and, it's the same quality and finish as the gate. I was particularly pleased to see how well it slotted in place with my Lindam Easy Fit Plus Deluxe gate. It comes with the side fittings and also fittings to fix to the wall in case you need additional strengthening. Highly recommend
on 15 May 2015
Tricky to review. It's an extension for a stair-gate. Ummm... here goes.

I had a Lindam stair-gate that was too small for the gap - DISASTER! I thought all was lost and was about to re-build my entire house when I happened upon this product. I was worried it would be too good to be true, especially at such a competitive price compared to the builder's estimates, but took the plunge anyway.

Sorry, Mr Builder... your services are no longer required - this thing worked perfectly, and so much easier to fit than an eighteen riser staircase with double switch-back. Thanks, Lindam 7cm Universal Extension (in white)... you saved the day.
on 31 October 2012
I don't usually make product review as I most of the time get what I ordered as I expected. However, this product has different reviews and there's no way of knowing the truth than to see it for myself, so I ordered one for a lindam sure shut orto gate even though it says it's for a sure shut axis. For the benefit of others who have doubt about this product, I can say that it absolutely fits on a Lindam sure shut orto gate. I don't know why others say it doesn't, even on any lindam gate. Just one thing, it only fits one way, meaning there is top and bottom as the slots of the gate are not the same and it's easy to figure out which way the extension would fit. Hope this helps.
on 8 April 2016
This helped me immensely since my gate sits in a 84cm opening and the gate itself is 74cm. It helped me position it (a bit snuggly) into the opening without needing to use wooden strips and most of the bolt to keep it up originally.
It fit both my gates which I bought one from Tesco (named Securus) and the other from Aldi (named Porte).
Just to make sure you know, in your actual gate it has plastic components that house the bolt, in order to use the extension take out the bolt component and slot it into the extension. It can only go one way also so the top and bottom are easy to distinguish with the jape of the bolt slots.
on 21 June 2015
We bought this extension for our Lindam Easy Fit Plus Deluxe gate and it has been perfect. Good price, super fast delivery and no problems at all fitting it. Other reviewers seem to have had issues with removing the plastic casing from the main gate to fit this, but I have no idea what their problem was. It took me all of 2 seconds to remove the casing and another 2 seconds to insert the extension. Job done, fits our stairwell perfectly, baby safe - what more can you ask for.
review image
on 30 July 2013
i bought this to go on my "easy fit plus deluxe" lindam baby gate that i got last week, i was a little worried it wouldn't fit because of the reviews but it was perfect.....would recommend to anyone needing that little extra width
on 16 July 2017
This extension works very well with the Lindam Easy Fit Plus Delux pressure fit safety gate. I actually bought 2 of these 28cm extensions for either side of the gate and they fitted perfectly in my wide hallway which is about 128cm wide. They are being used to stop my puppy getting near the front door. Excellent quality and easy to fit on to the gate, its obvious which extension connector goes into the top and bottom. You need a flat blade screwdriver to wedge out the end bits of plastic on your original gate, which you will keep to put into the ends of the extension before you finally put the pressure fit bolts back in the end. The diagrams on the instruction booklet are excellent. I found one of the extension connectors a bit of a tight squeeze to fit in but just gently used a rubber mallet which easily solved the problem. The gate plus the 28cm extension at either side is very sturdy indeed (I was concerned it would be wobbly because of the width but its not at all due to the pressure fit). I'm just so relieved to have found these extensions to fit my wide hallway in order to stop my puppy getting out.
on 19 November 2015
Bought the lindam baby gate only find it was too big for our door frames and too small for our landing. So we bought this 7 cm extention and it worked a treat. Gave us just the additional extra we needed. Was glad I didn't buy the 14 cm would have been too big.
review image
on 9 April 2016
We originally bought a sure shut gate to go on our daughters room. Unfortunately, it didn't fit the door properly, so we brought it out to the landing. This extension piece fits on the landing perfectly. In all it took less than 5 minutes to add this to the gate and install the gate. It doesn't look out of place and the whole thing feels safe and secure. Delivery was very fast. I installed the gate three days ago and delivery is expected today. Great stuff.
on 6 February 2017
Thought this was compatible - as stated, with the Sure axis gate. It's not. The top insert fits the bottom one would never fit. Mis sold and now my stairs are open as I've just taken my temporary gate down! So angry