on 13 August 2014
I've owned this camera for around 2 months now and although I cannot speak for its long term functionality I can tell you what a wonderful camera this little piece of magic is. If you're looking for the functionality of the 700D (T5i) then this camera has it. Although it is lacking in a few areas, the framerate and non-foldout screen, It is pretty much identical to the 700D. I would recommend this camera to anyone who is considering taking their first steps into the world of DSLRs but doesn't want to commit themselves to spending hundreds of pounds on the more expensive Canon models.
on 24 June 2017
Lightweight and really easy to use.
On a recent trip I took almost 2000 pics and am very pleased. It's particularly good in low light.
One thing - it didn't come with even a basic memory card. Which I thought was pretty cheap of Canon.
on 6 November 2013
When you have lugged around a Canon 50D with a big lens, spare batteries etc it's nice to scale things down without losing the advantage of shooting with a DSLR. Tried compacts and four third cameras and found them lacking. The 100D has all the bells and whistles without the bulk or weight and will travel with me most of the time.
on 3 August 2017
Love it. Semi idiot proof but you will need to practice. As per most men I haven't bothered to read the downloadable instructions as I'm 52 now and don't anticipate the life expectancy required to read it all.
on 14 April 2017
I love this camera! This is my first DSLR camera, because prior to this I just owned a point-and-shoot little camera. So it was important that I would be able to learn how to use this thing with no much trouble, which I was able to do. This is amazing for travelling, and the first holiday I took this on was to Costa Rica, and when paired with a heavier lens, this weighs the same as a larger DSLR (e.g 70D) with a normal lens. The only downside of this camera is that it doesn't have a flip-out screen however it comes with a cable which you can connect to your computer to be able to see (granted a lower quality image) what is on screen. Overall, amazing camera and love it!
on 25 January 2017
I bought this as a light travel alternative to my full frame 6D.

I am shocked at how bad the photos are, in bright light, fast shutter speed and low ISO, shooting in RAW the images are dull, grainy and not sharp. Worse than the 8 year old 400D.

I am assuming this is a faulty camera, with a problem with the sensor or autofocus and have returned. Such a shame as it is a light and portable camera. Perfect for travel for those who like a DSLR.
on 10 February 2016
Great little camera for traveling and also very light so i can carry it on my hand luggage in the plane. It is even lighter than my vivitar fisheye lens. as far as performance does, it is very good but bear in mind that anything higher than ISO 800 will start to look a bit noisy but then again it's not a 5D and you get what you pay for. I have it mounted on a shoulder strap and with the kit lens (18 - 55) sometimes i forget it's there.
on 14 February 2017
Canon EOS 100D digital slr camera (EF-S 18-55 lens). I've just got his camera, and was surprised to find no memory card in the packet. The list of contents doesn't include a memory card. If it is not included, that should be made clear in the sales description (which it wasn't).
The camera is neat and light, seems a good design, with clear controls. It works fine for stills, I've not yet tried the video option.
It was highly recommended to me by a professional photographer, to replace my fading Nikon D70. I hope the Canon has lasting power, time will tell.
on 29 April 2016
The best camera i have ever bought!!! Its perfect for vlogging everyday and also taking the perfect picture. Your also able to connect an external mic which i have mine on top if the camera. I also have the camera on a tri-pod constantly and i havent yet had problems. Lens cap is a bit fiddley but nothing to hard.
on 19 July 2017
This is fantastic camera with great spec. Small and lightweight great for people with difficulties with hands and fingers like me. EF-S 18-55 mm produces great images especially close-ups. You can get really close with it. Even shooting in auto modes great images. Change to creative modes you are in charge and up to you how creative you want to be.