Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted a healthy form of a protein powder that had no dairy or toxins in it (artificial chemicals, preservatives etc).

Taste:
When I first tasted the product I expected it to taste very bland, However I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like brown rices which did not make sense because I had just drank liquid!. I really enjoyed it. 10/10 for taste.

Health benefits:
After taking the product twice a day for 30 days I felt a lot better; more energy and vitality. Strangely enough though after drinking it I felt that I had eaten something that my body really wanted and hadn't had before.

Value / Comparison vs other Brown Rice products:
At £19.95/Kg with free postage, this product is very good value for money considering it's health benefits. There are also other Brown Rice protein powders on Amazon, however in my experience they are either made of poor ingredients such as "Bulk Powders 1kg Brown Rice Protein" at £15.99 or they are far too expensive such as "Sunwarrior Ultimate Raw Superfood Protein Powder 1Kg" at £34.99 / Kg (although the Sunwarrior brand is sprouted brown rice powder which has better ingredients but lies outside most peoples budget (such as myself).

Negatives:
The only downside with this product is that it is not a complete protein source (does not contain the correct amino acid profile in the correct proportions). Pulsins Pea protein also has the same problem, however if both are taken together (20g of Rice Powder + 20g of Pea powder instead of 40g of Rice Powder), they complement each other and are a complete protein source in the correct amino acid proportions.

Verdict: Highly Recommended
88 comments| 41 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
Reason for buying:
I decided to buy this product because I wanted a healthy form of a protein powder that had no dairy or toxins in it (artificial chemicals, preservatives & additives).

Taste:
When I first tasted the product I expected it to taste very bland, However I was pleasantly surprised. It tasted like brown rice which did not make sense because I had just drank liquid!. I really enjoyed it. 10/10 for taste.

Health benefits:

Value / Comparison vs other Brown Rice products:
At £6.96/250g (£27.84/1kg) this product seems good value at first considering it's health benefits. However if purchased in a 1kg bag it works out to be £19.95/Kg, so it's definitely worth buying it in a bigger bag. There are also other Brown Rice protein powders on Amazon, however in my experience they are either made of poor ingredients such as "Bulk Powders 1kg Brown Rice Protein" at £15.99 or they are far too expensive such as "Sunwarrior Ultimate Raw Superfood Protein Powder 1Kg" at £34.99 / Kg (although the Sunwarrior brand is sprouted brown rice powder which has better ingredients but lies outside most people budget (such as myself).

Negatives:
The only downside with this product is that it is not a complete protein (does not contain the correct amino acid profile in the correct proportions). Pulsins Pea protein also has the same problem, however if both are taken together (20g of Rice Powder + 20g Pea powder instead of 40g of Rice Powder), they complement each other and are a complete protein source in the correct amino acid proportions.

Verdict: Highly recommend

Feedback:If you wish to provide feedback on this review then please follow the link below - thanks.
on 19 June 2015
I'm usually quite good with protein powders but I found this impossible to eat. I put it in my yoghurt but it just doesn't dissolve and it taste like dust. I'm going to try hemp protein as it's supposed to taste better.
on 29 December 2013
I have digestive issues when using regular whey protein so thought I might try the
rice protein powder. I usually add it to homemade protein bars rather than adding to
drinks/shakes. It tastes ok and has a decent amount of protein. It is quite pricey though -
although clearly a good quality powder.
on 25 August 2015
This is the worst tasting thing I have ever EVER experiences. I don't understand how people are describing it as nice. It's repulsive. In terms of being of any benefit from a protein point of view - i've no idea because I can't even drink it. I tried mixing it with a fruit shake I made up - but just ruined it. gross
on 5 July 2015
I wouldn't definitely not consider myself fussy, so having read other reviews was surprised to find this so disgusting. It smells awful, tastes awful and has the texture of what I would imagine a mud smoothie has. Although I won't be drinking it, gave it two stars as if you can stomach it, then it is a good protein boost.
on 30 June 2014
This was a trial purchase for me. I've used it solely blended with different fruits, coconut water & a little yogurt for a morning smoothie. Yes there's a slight powdery residue on the palate but it's not off putting. The fresh fruits mask any hint of flavour from the powder so I'm more than happy to head off & order a larger bag.
on 30 May 2015
I have read again all those positive reviews and I have a hard time believing we speak of the same product. It's grainy, the taste is ridiculous, it smells quite bad, like the dust of factory to give you an idea. I am quite disgusted and would really want to understand how so many are so happy with it. I would also like to get my money back.
on 17 August 2014
I'm sure it is great stuff but I can't hack the texture, it is really difficult to mix & has a very gritty texture.
on 12 April 2016
I bought this as a protien shake, although it didnt say to use this way it did come up when searched for vegan protien powder (very literal :S) but anyway its ok as a shake a bit gritty if you will, so i add something like a banana to smooth it out. Its ok. Of course it doesnt have a complete amino acid profile so dont use after training/exersise. There is sun warrior protien powder - witch is ok and full aminos.