on 27 October 2015
I just purchased an older mk4 Golf with one of these type of keys. Turns out the unlock/disable alarm button was broken and I couldn't shut the alarm off with key and it kept going off! I got a quote from VW (£300 for a replacement key if I get the car to them.) £180 for an auto electrician to make one up, so I ordered this one. I swapped the components and key blade over to the new one and I now have a fully working key again. The task was not easy however, the hardest part was removing the imobiliser transponder chip which is microchip(unique to your individual car!) which is made of VERY breakable glass(****MAIN DEALER ONLY PART, CUSTOM ORDER CADH UPFRONT FROM VW GERMANY - BEWARE!) Used nail varnish remover soaking it for an hour then used a dental scraper tool to carefully remove. This product is not as good quality as genuine VAG parts but does the job.
on 4 October 2013
Replacement fob exactly as described and completely satisfied with product and supplier.
Very easy to strip and reassemble with online instructions
on 25 July 2013
bought this little beauty because my gti (MK4) key was looking a little sad
and since the rest of the car is mint decied to show a little love to the old girl
now she is the happiest car around and proud as punch with her new key
the supplier was promt in sending the key and product is fantastic ...
takes 5 mins to swap over key guts and blade but well worth it
on 23 September 2015
Nothing quite matched my old key, the board size was slight smaller then this key required. The key bar element wouldn't fit in the swing bit, so the button couldn't be swapped over either.

I did manage to get the board into the buttons part, and so I put the old key part to the new buttons part and it fit well enough, but not perfect.

It's well made and seems like the genuine thing, but if your hoping to take parts out of your old key and put them in this, you might be disappointed.
on 2 June 2015
Easily transferred from the old to the new, just be slow and careful moving the electronics, but you need not be technically oriented in order to do this...I bought this because the old key fob had a broken loop on the top, preventing any tag or symbol to be hooked on it. A tip: this one costs more than others that look similar, but as it works as it should, I wouldn't trust the cheapies to do as well.
on 7 October 2013
Apart from a blank where the VW logo button would go, these fobs were an exact match for my worn MK4 VW Golf fobs. Easy to swap insides and actual key parts. Would not hesitate to recommend this seller for accuracy, speed of delivery and good price.
on 17 December 2013
This key is expected to replace any key of this model! Be sure to check the frequency of your key before buying. If it isn't the correct key your car will go into deadlock. You can swap the chip from your old key to the new one but it is made of glass so there is a high risk of damage! I just swapped the bottom half of the key as my key loop thing had snapped off so worked for my purpose. If you email the seller to request a refund then they send you all the suitable information through (that should have been posted on the advert!!) but hey-ho suppose they need to get sales some how....
on 30 March 2015
Great replacement for the original key fob casing. I was also very pleased to see it came with the metal VW badge. Swapped everything over from my old key no problem (apart from removing the transponder chip!! This is glued in!)
on 5 August 2015
Good quality and comes with little vw badge inside. Unfortunately my central locking doesn't work now but probably my own fault for touching the circuitry when changing it over or something but better than a battered old golf mk4 key.
on 4 July 2015
The metal ring holder broke on my original. Ordered the fob on Friday afternoon, arrived first post Saturday morning. An exact match, easy to swap over the circuit board and kept the half with the logo and key intact, so no need to swap key or buy a new logo. Terrific service.