on 29 April 2013
I've found that the likes of Time Out and Lonely Planet Guides can prove overpriced and underwhelming on kindle. Can recommend this instant guide though for anyone travelling to Rome for a long weekend. There is none of the waffle about hotels- which I had already booked before going- the guide is up-to-date and includes all the main sites as well as more quirky options that you might not have thought of. Giving away an ebook is very clever idea and is a great added extra.
on 29 April 2013
Impressed by this short guide- by no means exhaustive but very useful. Clearly structured, definitely a no fuss guide to Rome. I went with a friend for a short stay and as someone who would rather be seeing the sights that thumbing through lengthy guidebook descriptions this was ideal. The ebook wasn't really my thing but a good idea nonetheless. Will be trying some of the other books in the series when I go away this summer.
on 30 April 2013
Great if you just need a basic guide to Rome. Does what it says on the tin in providing clear and practical information - the `top tips' were particularly handy when I went over Easter. Easy to get through and the ebook was perfect for reading on the flight over. Highly recommended.
on 4 February 2014
The book offers a no frills insight into visiting Rome, which I will be in May. I will definitely take it with me. However, the free novel that came with it was quite pointless, so don't choose this over another Rome guide just because it has a free novel attached.