Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£4.99

on 7 August 2016
I didn't know Tom Odell's work until I saw him on Graham Norton and was blown across the room by the powerful rendition of 'Magnetized' ! I ran to my computer and ordered Wrong Crowd and Long Way Down and they've been doing shift work on my cd player ever since! He's young but his songs are full of angst, love, life and are arranged skillfully, played with passion and his voice....to die for!
on 9 February 2017
bought for my partner who enjoyed his style of music.
on 14 April 2017
All Good
on 13 May 2017
Most of the tunes are great
on 20 November 2015
Loved it initially, but it's worn off me. Surprised as I normally react in the opposite way.
on 26 June 2017
What an album! This young man is one of the best solo artist in europe.👍👍👍👍
on 6 December 2014
Tom Odell's vinyl is so fantastic - it sounds like he is in the same room as me! Good delivery and well packaged. :)
on 10 April 2017
On finding the disc scratched Music Magpie replaced this immediately. That's why I had to knock a star of this order.
on 27 August 2013
Long Way Down
Tom Odell

Love this cd. would purchase again. :-) 5 star
Long Way Down
Tom Odell :-)
on 24 June 2013
I've been keen to listen to Tom Odell' debut album since he won the Critics' Choice award at the BRIT Awards. The wait was worth it, as this is a good album, with some great tracks. Such is the strength of this album that you could imagine any of these songs being played on the radio.
The opening track 'Grow Old With Me' is very typical of the feel that is being portrayed on the album, which is a soulful ballad with a lovely piano obbligato. The way Odell combines all the different elements of the tracks together shows a lot of musical ability. I'm especially impressed by the way he changes volume, and uses that, and the softening of his voice to sing more tenders parts, such as on 'Hold Me'.
My favourite track is 'I Know'. I think this track has the best piano accompaniment, although maybe that's only because 'Another Love' has received a bit of radio play so I'm perhaps overlooking it. I don't think that there is a track on this album that is especially weak, although they are all very similar for me. I would have liked to have heard a couple of different ideas maybe, or perhaps a bit more instrumentation, but nevertheless it's a very accomplished debut album.
It's a bit hard to think that he's 22 and has released an album of this quality. It makes me wonder what I've been doing with my life. I'm hoping that as he ages his music keeps getting better, as this is a great place to start.
88 Comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse