on 8 February 2014
i have been fan of this gadget. Th last one i bought 5 years ago from a pound shop and found interesting how it helps to cook the eggs as per your like. As it was broken after 5 years of satisfactory use, i ordered same from amazon. I must say its a great little product.
Pros:
-Small as the size of a medium egg
-Does what it is suppose to do
-not expensive

Cons (minor)
-The color fades over years (It doesn't matter - don't let this effect your decision to purchase it)
on 26 January 2016
This gadget is solely responsible for the fact my dad can now boil eggs! This is his first cookery ever at the age of 80 as he is a diehard non-cook. The only thing was - first time we used it there was a funny taste to the eggs as I think the product has some kind of chemical or something on it that comes off when you first use it. This put my mum off and so it sat in the drawer until desperation meant we tried it again months later and lo - whatever it was had worn off and no funny taste! Soft is about right for a runny egg but medium is medium hard which I hadn't grasped.. you won't get a runny middle with medium setting so we use soft or just past soft for dippy eggs. Also.. once the line gets to soft it starts moving very fast so keep an eye on it. This is the best way to boil an egg that I've found!
on 7 November 2013
Soft-boiled eggs were always a bit of a hit-n-miss affair, but not anymore. We've not had an underdone or overcooked egg since using this - Every egg is perfect!!
on 1 January 2017
These are great! I had another one and it eventually broke after years of service. The only downside is that it takes some time to work out which indicator is the type of egg you like. I think it's a lot to do with me being fussy, but there is definitely a sweet spot.
on 18 March 2014
This is a handy device, it's easy to use and cooks eggs accurately. My previous one fell to pieces after about a year, but they are cheap enough to replace, I bought 3 on this occasion.
on 14 January 2017
This is my second one as the last eventually split after 2 years or so of constant use.

I eat a lot of eggs (at least 5 days a week). Although you do need to keep an eye on it and there is a little trial and error when you first use it to find your own preference.

But works perfectly well and leaves the guess work
on 16 February 2015
This is such a clever idea, I am totally useless at boiling an egg which come out soft, every time I have tried to get a soft egg they always came out too hard so I had to let them go cold and use them in a salad, but now this has all changed thanks to this clever little kitchen gadget, I have now used it a few times and the eggs have come out just as I like them so I can dip my soldiers in like I used to when I was a child, if you don't like them too runny just boil to the next line above soft. It works no matter what size of egg you use.
on 2 October 2016
a nice kitchen gadget to use. For someone whos not so good in the kitchen definitely is helpful. The colour changes gives you perfectly boiled eggs. A good futuristic idea would be for it to sound as you still need to check for boiled eggs. Good material. The plastic is good quality. doesn't melt with hot tempretures
on 22 January 2017
Im lazy as hell and terrible at boiling eggs.

This does what it says on the tin! drop it in with your eggs wait to how well you want it cooked ad take them out, for a runny dippy egg i would take it to medium though with the water simmering as anything less is a bit runny.
on 28 December 2013
While looking for a new kitchen timer on Amazon I came across this little thing...I always had a problem to get a perfect eggs so I decided to buy it after reading customer's feedbacks.When it was delivered and I showed it to my husband he became very sceptical about it...BUT when the next morning he got the eggs as he had asked for he just fell in love with this small timer! It looks lovely in the pan surrounded by eggs. It's quite interesting to watch it changing the colour! Just love it! Highly recommend as a small gift as well.