Top critical review
13 people found this helpful
Works well, but consider a smaller pack - seriously!
on 10 April 2014
Have used the item for about a day, and it's holding charge so far, but PLEASE consider the following before buying:
- THE SIZE: It's huge!! iPhone+Case means over 2x the depth of the iphone. Not unexpected, but there are lower-capacity/slimmer options
- The LEDs: They are very bright, I had to apply a dimming sticker to the front of the case, but that doesn't stop bright light leaking from the USB port and speaker ports, perhaps solved with a dummy USB connector
- The USB port- haven't used it yet, but I do know that the corners and edges of the USB port make holding the phone in my right hand pretty uncomfortable
- The headphone jack - unless you're using stock Apple headphones, or headphones with a straight, thin connector (i.e. not one that has a 90degree angle on it, or is chunky), you will have trouble getting it all the way in. Perhaps unavoidable as a design decision.
- The stand - With the heavy weight of the unit + phone, the stand isn't really strong enough to support well, and will collapse with a tap on the screen
- The manual - the English isn't great. It's a little confusing working out what the different LED flashes mean in different conditions.
Summary: I like it, but I would consider other options unless you really need the capacity and USB port. I'm going to hunt for a slimmer model.