Customer reviews

Heart of Nowhere
Format: Audio CD|Change

on 16 June 2015
A great shock to hear the band have split up so this is their fourth and last album. Rockier and less folk influenced than their first three albums their are some really fine melodic songs on Heart of nowhere including the title track and the brilliant All through the Night. The theme of time features strongly ( Lifetime, There will come a time, Now is exactly the time) with no weak songs. A fitting legacy to a great and original band
on 17 October 2013
I got this for my boyfriend for his birthday and have been subjected to it on continuous loop for 3 days now. Although I am not a masssive fan I think this is my favourite album by these guys, basically after the first listen I quite liked it and it didn't have to 'grow' on me. I've only given 4 stars but lover boy would probably rate it 5
on 20 May 2013
Not as good as their first album, but if you like their music, you will like this. Also find it is growing on me the more I listen to it
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 3 April 2014
Continuing on from the same style that made 'Last Day on Earth' such a class album, indie-band Noah and the Whale's fourth, released last year does not disappoint whatsoever.

I bought 'Heart of Nowhere' a few days ago and have had it on repeat ever since. Once again, these guys' quirky, upbeat style of pop music is instantly catchy, with tunes that will make me smile and stay with you throughout the rest of day.

Best tracks include 'All Through The Night', 'Lifetime', 'Silver And Gold', 'One More Night' and 'Not Too Late'.

A pleasure to listen to anytime!
on 11 April 2014
after a three star album (last night) a too commercial/simple/insipid album for my tastes. The first two amazing albums are far away.
on 6 May 2013
Having loved the bands previous album, "Last night on Earth", I've been eagerly waiting for "Heart of Nowhere" and now that's its finally with us I am truly not disappointed. Whilst, for me, not being quite as good as "last night"..its superb. Every track, in the bands very own distinctive style, is a gem with lyrics that are both entertaining and thought provoking. "I was looking for a harvest but only found silver and gold"! A good mix of up beat, up tempo and slow moving melodies. Its true that most of the songs aren't as easy to join in as some on last night and that album remains one of my fav of all time but the new work is certainly growing on me and I have to say that I love it. Well done lads - fantastic stuff.

Just wanted to add that I saw the Band in concert at the Palace Theatre on Sunday 19th of May 2013 - fantastic evening. If you get a chance to see them live - do so! And..get this album, in-fact, get all of their albums!
on 8 May 2013
Lets keep this simple. NATW once again deliver the goods. The new release is slightly more mellow but well worthy of a 4+ star rating. Good stuff and well worth it. There is something about NATW which always makes me smile. cheers boys, nice one!!
on 30 June 2013
'Last night on Earth' was so good I didn't look at reviews or listen to any tracks online before buying this album. Wish I'd saved my money, Is it even the same band? it's a massive step backwards. Soul less dreary music.
on 8 February 2014
This is a good album, typical of Noah and the Whale, a bit like the last one, but still good to listen to.
on 21 June 2013
Unlike other reviewers, I think that this album IS as good as the previous ones. I bought individual tracks to complete the album as I got the demo album free a few weeks ago. I agree with others that this album is expensive at £8.49. Keeping the prices down will deter people copying friends music, or downloading from spotify.