Customer reviews

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 July 2014
I love using all-things-Guerlain!! Apart from anything else, the packaging makes their products feel like a hedonistic treat to myself. But obviously I need the product to do its job, too, and Cils d'Enfer doesn't disappoint! It has a lovely texture that builds up even my sparse lashes naturally, without clumping. It does, however, require a bit of patience- two light coats work far better than a single, heavy application which I find always increases the risk of clumping and smudging. The reward is lashes that look natural all day. This is my can't-do-without mascara - and it would definitely be one of my desert-island luxuries!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 18 July 2013
I bought the mascara last week and have to say it's lovely but; you do need to be careful if you've been using thin brushes and a thinner mascara. This is a thick, rich mascara with a large brush and a little goes a long way. If you use a lot of product on the brush and blink your eyelashes against it you're going to get clumps - and this is a mascara that clumps despite claims it doesn't. The secret is; take the brush out, don't dip it back in, gently stroke the underneath of your top lashes a couple of times but don't be tempted to blink hard against the brush for a thick coat. If you're using the mascara on your lower lashes take off any excess product from the brush first before you apply.

These few basics have helped me get a natural, light finish without a false lash effect and I'm happy but; I wouldn't necessarily go out and buy this mascara again.

Smells wonderful, of roses, and has a lovely vintage look. I'm giving 4* because I'm happy with the look I get and the appearance and fragrance just make it feel a little extra special.
on 2 July 2013
Nice container and pleasant rose smell. A lovely vintage style mascara but that is about as good as it gets. Other reviews (from various different sites) said it's not clumpy.....mine was and it smudged when it was on. And to be honest, I have non curling mascaras that curl my eyelashes better than this one.

It's OK if you just want something to shove on to colour your eyelashes, but there are cheaper ones out there that will do the same thing!!
on 2 March 2015
I've tried every mascara known to woman and none has thickened and curled as much as this one. Packaging is lovely, I like the size of it too and it smells nice. 10/10.
on 21 December 2014
Perfect mascara for my short lashes. The brush volumises them well, and the mascara goes on evenly, giving great definition. I would be hard pushed to change now!
on 3 April 2016
the best mascara I've ever had! Had 3 already and none was clumpy.
on 9 October 2015
Amazing product, I will buy another one.
on 16 November 2014