on 19 March 2014
For a free book this was ok, however the story is told from everybody's point of view. This can be very annoying as half way down a page told from George's pov it will suddenly begin from the other person's pov, including his mistress, elizabeth's father etc. I sometimes had to read the lines a few times to understand where we had switched!
Elizabeth came off as a snob to me, she wouldn't even consider George as a husband, just a plaything that she can satisfy her curiosity with as he is just a cit. I don't understand why George would be interested in her to be honest.
The first 'sex' scene goes on forever and was boring.
I also found the continued description of Elizabeth's mouth forming a perfect 'O' annoying.
It's not a bad book but it doesn't really inspire me to want to read other books by the same author.
on 17 March 2014
It's a lighthearted and funny book will bring a smile to your face
I enjoyed reading the book and all of the characters are well thought out and with distinct personalities
The person I enjoyed the most ( besides the main ) was the mistress
I thought her could have been more fleshed out and she would have made a great story as well and I love the little note passing that she does that no one knows about all very mysterious and adds to the drama of the book
on 12 May 2015
Well written storylines, likeable characters and steamy descriptions make this book and enjoyable read.
The switching to the different points of view of the characters did not affect my reading at all, in fact I found it rather interesting and refreshing.
My only criticism which made me take a star off is the spelling. I noticed a few spelling mistakes and this forced me to take it down from five stars. Apart from that it is a very enjoyable read and I would recommend this book.
on 20 April 2015
I really enjoyed this book it was very entertaining to read I really liked how George mistress helped him find a wife I won't go into any more details as it will spoil the story but I will just say that this book is a must read I will be reading more books from this author as what I've read from her as bin brilliant and couldn't put them down would recommend anyone to read books from this author
on 15 March 2015
I found the book very well written. However I found myself reading the same phrases over and over again. Them being ' catching her lower lip with a tooth' and ' her mouth formed that perfect "o" '. Practically continuously reading these two phrases, in a way, did spoil it somewhat.
Overall I did enjoy the book.
on 24 May 2014
Loved this book, I especially liked George, he is such a caring and unpretentious character, even Josephine was a nice person who one would like to call a friend.

Elizabeth was nicely portrayed although I'm not sure how forward she would be in the era in which this books written. Having said all that I enjoyed reading this book, and would recommend that if you enjoy this type of novel then buy it,even if it's not give it a go, you will not be disappointed.
on 8 April 2014
I was fifty fifty on purchasing this book but I'm so glad I did. The story intrigued me and once I started reading it was so much more than I was expecting. There was so much more to the book than is stated on the info and there are some characters that I am interesting in reading more about. On the whole a pleasant surprise.
on 25 April 2014
characters you can really enjoy with dialog to match. This is a captivating tale of love and courtship. These characters are ones Hayer would be proud of, however they don't leave you out side the bedroom door as hers would have!
on 27 January 2015
I have read a good few medieval romances and this one had me reading non stop... bit confusing with names George and Gabriel at the beginning however you quickly get used to it. A real treasure of a book, such a beautiful story and a lovely ending. Kinky, too. A winner.
on 9 April 2014
This was a book I downloaded for free to read on holiday, and for that reason it was ok. I felt it was a bit like painting by numbers though. The author maybe read a selection of books of this genre and made sure all the various elements were included. But did the heroine have to keep making 'the perfect O' with her mouth?? Had to like the hero though.