on 19 December 2014
Alright, I use it mainly to watch Netflix and Amazon Prime, as well as videos from usb memory stick. Can be a bit slow to catch the wifi, and to load Netflix compared to the ipad version, but all right really.
The usb part is ok mainly, and so much nicer than having to use a PC for workout, yoga videos etc. but it seems to have glitches, and sometime the TV totally shuts down if it doesn't like a video (although others I encoded at the same time work perfectly), I can read approx 1Gb files without issues in general. Doesn't read flv so I have to convert to mp4 first, but again no biggie once you know. I am definitely enjoying the TV so even though it's a bit of a pain it gets 4 stars.
One thing if you use your TV like me, but also use a Sky box sometimes, put the box on the HDMI input 3, as input 1 and 2 with make the TV popup some random thing asking why the box isn't on, even though I don't need to use it. That was sooooo annoying, but thanks to internet forums the problem is solved (I think, because since I changed this I haven't tried to use the TV box, but at least I don't get the bloody message every minute when going through the smart features)
on 2 June 2014
This television has an excellent picture in both SD and HD and the 'smart' functions are great, with only the lack of the 'Now TV' app being a slight disappointment, but my Roku box fixed that.

The real problem is, as with most flat screens, the sound quality. As this was my 'secondary' TV (in my office/man-cave) I was intending to attach it to my Denon reciever Hi-Fi system (rather that the Panasonic home cinema system in my main sitting room) via either the usual phono plugs or the headphone socket.

Sadly neither a headphone socket or 'Audio out' phono sockets exist on the model I've just bought. Believe me, I was in the Hi-Fi business for many years and I know my plugs and sockets! And yes, I has changed the option to 'External speaker'. The online manual is a waste of time as it is generic and has no illustrations of the input/output options for this particular model. Ringing Samsung's help line was a waste of time, as they seemed to know nothing about this model.

However, I decided to swap it over with my 'primary' Panasonic 32" LED TV that was attached to my home cinema (see above), and, with the new Samsung attached via the Optical Digital output amd the usual HDMI cables, all is working superbly. Brilliant sound (now) and picture and it works surprisingly well in conjunction with all my other Panasonic units. The Panasonic LED TV connects to the Denon Hi-Fi via the phono output with no problem.

So all is now well as far as I'm concerned, but be aware of the lack of basic audio output connections if you want to play the sound via a normal Hi-Fi system.
on 30 July 2014
Bought for us as a gift and we LOVE it! perfect size and looks really stylish and neat. Since we had an older widescreen TV it is amazing how much sleeker and lighter they have become over the years. Really easy to carry and mount onto the frame and easy to setup. Fantastic picture quality and the power it uses is ridiculously low compared to plasma screen TV's, it also includes smart shut off to further save power.

The TV itself is a smart TV which is amazing as it allows you to connect to the internet and browse (either via wifi or ethernet cable) and also includes apps such as Amazon Prime TV and Netflix which you can watch directly on the TV. It also includes catch up services such as ITV Player and 4od so is an amazing piece of kit.

The quality is really amazing, the colours are vibrant and it is a pleasure to watch anything on it. You can even use an inbuilt app to watch YouTube videos and of course it includes freeview as standard.
on 2 June 2014
Bought this as a second TV to watch sport and not disturb the all important Corronation street, Emerdale Farm etc.

Picture is great, sound is great, set up is easy.

I live in France so the only sad thing is that when the TV see's a regional IP address it assumes a set up for a local content provider and defaults to a specific regional store, which is great if you wanted to watch French TV, which I do, just this TV has Sky attached, which is a little odd, as the home screen gives you a great TV guide to my Orange TV box, which actually isn't connected to it ;).

But if you live in the country you want to watch TV in then I'm sure its great, as actually the TV guide from Samsung is far Superior to the awful experience on the Orange TV box.

p.s. there are ways to get around the IP address problem, its just for my purposes its fine, just means I'll miss out on some of the smart bits of the TV, like the suggested programmes and channels.
on 10 June 2014
I'm not a particular expert on TVs and rating them as I don't watch a lot of Tv but this seems to do the job pretty well. As with LED displays, the closer you get to the screen the worse the image, so sit back and enjoy the viewing from further away. At 32 inches its more than large enough and frankly I wouldn't want anything bigger otherwise its starts to swallow up the living room.

It has a nice frame actually and the colour quality seems pretty decent. not outstanding though. The sound is probably its worst feature actually and I plug in my speakers to give the bass a boost. The added features of a Smart TV are all pretty good. It has the usual array of catch up channels and apps such as Youtube and FB etc but it is a TV and so viewing enjoyment should be the priority.

For the price it's fairly decent.
on 27 June 2014
Fab TV, life changer - added a usb hdd out of an old laptop with a cable, press pause, grab a brew and some really fattening nibbles, press play......excellent......wiz through the adverts in seconds rather than being forced to watch the same old, same old dreadful boring adverts for ages before the film comes on again for 10 mins before another Advert break.... I could not ever go back to steam powered TV again!

Shame pause tv only records for 90 mins and this can't be changed, otherwise I would record it all the time !

I am not a Super Duper HD 10-80 p thingy TV type of guy. My eyes ain't good enough anymore. I get all I ever need from the built in wifi apps, and the Samsung hub.

The TV is really very good, great picture, good sound and easy use remote. The smart hub is brilliant. I have ordered another Samsung Smart TV today, but much bigger and plan to move this one into another room.

Can't fault it ! Buy one !
on 6 June 2014
REally excited about catch up tv instead of having the traditional recorder. we don't watch soaps, but like the 2 or b3 part dramas and some of the Saturday night entertainments i.e bgt or take me out. However not been able to pick up some of the previous episodes from day time tv and therefore missed something we have 'left' to see at a later date. Also read that this facility is not part of the TV, but an agreement that can be withdrawn at any time, when models updated. Doesn't bode well for the future, but ok now- costly if no guarantee though!!
on 4 June 2014
Great pic. The only let down is the connection to the internet. I have a good super hub the TV is not to far from the hub, but it doesn't seem to hold its connection well if I am watching netflix. I watch netflix through the Apple TV receiver box, as that never loses the connection, and since the TV and the apple are sat together one can only assume it down to it's built in wifi, as to why it doesn't play netflix without serious lag.
on 18 May 2014
Got this for my daughter for Christmas last year. What a fanatic television this is. Smart panel with wifi built in and access to Netflix etc. It's everything you want at a very good price. For 280 pound is the best 32 inch TV that we have bought. My daughter lives it, especially in the white. You won't find a better value tv anywhere.
on 18 November 2013
I purchased in Amazon because of the best deal i got and also it is free of cost for delivery. The quality of the product is amazing and its more than what I expected. Perfect for my home.

Coming to specifications, It has the built in wifi and as well as option for internet cable connection. either the options are working equally well. Also for sharing the videos, photos etc from laptop one can use samsung link app with out any cable connected to TV. Just play any videos stored in laptop just by sharing the videos with TV. It was amazing which I did not expected. In this regard no need of HDMI cable for viewing videos photos from laptop, as well.

I fixed to wall mount. It has two options one is built in stand and r wall mount option. fully recommend this TV for any body whi is looking in reasonable price with SMART option.