Learn more Download now Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New Album - Paloma Faith Shop now Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

My Shame Is True
Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.99

on 26 October 2015
The 4 additional EP tracks complete the album and help give it the Matt/Dan balance it needs to be as awesome as it is. A couple of poppy ones on the album but after a couple of listens they seem to fit ok. None that I would purposefully skip anyway.
on 17 May 2013
Agony and Irony was underwhelming (and for some reason rather irritating), but This Addiction was where Trio really dropped the ball.

Other than the title track, it was a dull album. Bland melodies and laughable, forced lyrics ("Like ships in the night we are colliding and sinking, into the black sea of our love"... Skiba, what were you thinking?)

With my Shame is True, Alkaline Trio are doing what they want, rather than trying desperately to fit back into the gothy pop-punk niche they carved for themselves and then outgrew with Infirmary, Good Mourning and Crimson. The lyrics are still melancholy. Injury, pain and death still crop up rather a lot, but now it sounds natural. Alkaline Trio are embracing their advancing age and their musical progression, rather than resisting it as they did on This Addiction. Synths slither around the guitars, and sound great. Choruses are huge, hooks dig deeper, and we're presented with instant classics like I Wanna Be a Warhol, The Torture Doctor and the truly excellent The Temptation of Saint Anthony, truly one of Trio's best moments.

This album is a triumph, the experimental touches of Crimson combined with the poppy brilliance of Good Mourning. Alkaline Trio are back, and it is wonderful. Pick this up.
on 12 September 2013
I might be biased but I've loved Alkaline Trio for a long time, and call me old school but I do like to get my hands on a CD, far more useful than a download if you ask me, there's something about unwrapping it and leafing through the booklet (which has all the lyrics) and then sticking it on and dancing round the kitchen (possibly not a good idea in company).

If you were brought up on a diet of rock and late seventies/early eighties punk/new wave I think you will like this.
on 20 July 2013
This album is a nod to the past whilst still inventing new sounds. It's a fast paced album with catchy hooks and it's a superb listen.
on 28 January 2014
Another great album from the Trio. 12 fast, punchy classic Trio songs with the superbly twisted lyrics of the band. Not a bad song on the album which continues the good work of This Addiction after the surprisingly poor Agony and Irony album. Amazing this band are still going strong after so many years... Was going to end this review by saying which were my favourite songs on the album but was upto a shortlist of 8 (from 12) when I gave up on the idea!
on 7 August 2013
Love it, love all their stuff and this is no exception.
The album's main theme is relationships and how they're beautiful and agony at the same time.
Has some really good tracks on there, favourites being Temptation of St. Anthony and Until Death Do Us Part.
on 23 September 2013
I have most of their albums now and just love to listen to in the car - my own retreat. A typical album with the some excellent catchy tunes. Back on track for the band. Recommended for those that like their older albums.
on 10 December 2014
i have every one of trio's cd's plus skiba's & adriano's other stuff , so guess i'm the man to tell you this is a fantastic bit of music , my neighbours love it too , well they keep banging for me to turn up lol
on 5 October 2016
most say its a return to form and those people agree with me and I them, it is a blast from start to finish more or less. The band had big time lost their eggs for me and now its back.
on 15 December 2013
Another classic alkaline trio album. Decent lyrics with the music to back it up. Well worth the £4.99. New album out for the forthcoming tour in 2014