on 14 December 2013
This is a book called "Yoga For Weight Loss For Beginners", therefore clearly one would assume the average reader is going to be, like myself, a bit on the cuddly side.

But the pictures in the book are all of a very slim, very fit woman.

Seeing her portraying each position in its optimum way is nothing like what I could achieve. This woman is very fit and has practiced yoga for a while. She is not the reader at all.

Had there been two pictures for each position, the existing "perfect pose" one and one of an overweight person who is doing their best at the position, it would have made more sense.

As it is I just felt totally discouraged and "omg, I couldn't do that!!" when I started to read it :(
on 14 August 2017
Excellent, I wish I had bought it before.
on 16 May 2015
I chose this book for the cover, which showed a lot of the poses I have used ALL my life. What a superb book, with graphic illustrations. You need to have a yoga teacher to run you through the correct approach, posture and breathing, but once learned, it will be your guiding enthusiasm to give longevity and control. I've just passed my Fitness Instructor exams and yoga has been my mentor, enabling me to maintain vital health at 81 this year. A book for the SERIOUS yoga enthusiast!!
on 17 July 2013
Easy poses for the overweight, for me at least. I read the notes regarding health conditions and avoided ones that could be a problem for me as I have high blood pressure. I found the poses easy to follow and did them as best I could.
on 15 June 2013
Great book & available on the kindle for iPad app. Yoga makes weight just disappear, no effort required. I'm very pleased with this product.
on 4 December 2015
because i never received this book i cant write a reveiw ,but this was the only way of letting amazon know i never got the goods i paid for.
on 30 March 2014
Loved the images so you could see how the poses should look. Easy to follow and book flowed from chapter to chapter.
on 1 March 2014
I've been doing yoga for over 30 years but this book still had some new things to offer me - excellent
on 25 June 2013
I am personally driven to prove that this book works but I can't recommend it yet for any body over 55 kg. Copying the movement of a young slim person reaching the floor by bending, twisting etc. is practically painful to the body and mind of a well intentioned person of opposite physical conditions which tries loosing 3kg . Never mind more then that. Then the advice of .....if you have knee,heart,joints, ....problem don't do it. What's the point of this yoga book or any others for that matter.?