Customer reviews

on 30 June 2013
These comments apply to all the Elmer books I ordered, with a purpose of encouraging children in schools to read them critically. The formula is a good one which helps children to accept that it is OK, even good, to be different. But in some of them I suspect that David McKee has rather run out of steam. Not that any of the children have said that, so far!
One person found this helpful
on 22 May 2018
wonderful story book beautifully illustrated
on 13 May 2017
Daughter loves anything Elmer. Another good book to add to her collection
on 7 February 2009
David McKee really hit on a winner when he began writing his Elmer stories.
This one about the baby elephant who looses his teddy is delightful. All Elmer stories feature a message to children, in this instance it's how special we all are. My 2 year old grandaughter loves the bright illustrations and finding the hidden animals, while her seven year old brother understood the tricks and sequence of events leading to the happy ending. I would recommend Elmer books to anyone who enjoys reading to children
One person found this helpful
on 15 July 2015
I like the different pretty patterns all on Elmer and his teddy bear. Elmer is kind to lend his teddy bear. I liked this when I was younger but I don't really know why now. By Eddie aged 4.
on 30 July 2017
Lovely book!
on 26 June 2014
This is a sweet story told in a simple and direct way. The colours are beautiful and are cleverly used to explain the story through pictures as well as words. I bought it on my Kindle Fire and my not quite 2 year old grandson was entranced (as was I).
on 15 May 2016
As described
on 26 August 2014
Take classic Elmer and add a lost bear and you're onto a winner as far as my grand children are concerned. They loved it.
on 2 August 2017