Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£5.49

on 8 May 2014
This is a curious and evocative album, which sees every song draped with an etherial off key atmosphere.
There are signs and hints from every previous album, but where they have always shown Depeche firmly in
our physical world, Delta Machine feels like we have been pulled through the looking glass and witness'
to a twilight dimension.

' Welcome To My World ' kicks off the album like a brooding (world in my eyes-Violator).
' Heaven ' is a plodding sombre tune of harmony, but just like Martin Gore' master stroke of sobriety - it's
not the place of lights and fluffy clouds.
After these tracks the album really embarks on a creative spark encompassing everything Depeche Mode have
done before.
My Little Universe - is like a personal conversation with the listener, with overtones of sounds of the universe.
Broken - mixes the style of a question of time with little 15 onto the canvas of playing the angel.
The Child Inside - has taken the sibling of my secret garden and dragged it kicking and screaming into the bowls
of silent hill.
Should Be Higher - melds a jaunty beat to in my room.
Alone - offers a master class symphony of speak and spell tied to a broken frame.
It makes a fascinating background anthem everytime I play TombRaider 2013.
There's a few cowboy rockblues songs in the mix like - Angel, but they're never really match the majesty of
Personal Jesus.
All That's Mine - the final is a song of haunting melody hinting of taking the eternal voyage to further realms
for Depeche Mode to explore.
There are no stand out tracks made for commerclal success as with previous albums, but Delta Machine
is more of a collective indulgence to immerse yourself and certainly a treat for long time Depeche Mode
fans.
on 16 August 2016
Not really one of DM's finer moments, a couple of good tracks, but like the previous two albums has a this bland feel. All three were produced by Ben Hillier which maybe is a reason, and certainly not the DM of old. If you're looking at post Alan Wilder album then Ultra is the one to get, afterwards, they've all lacked something. Hopefully James Ford will bring something new and fresh to the DM table with the next album.
on 22 May 2017
In all my decades of buying albums, this is the best one I've ever heard. The songs and Dave's voice are fabulous, and I love the electronic sound.
on 9 June 2013
Loved it from the opening track. This is the best album DM have released for years. Dark, moody and uplifting all at the same time. Lyrically great, musically brilliant. I purchased the vinyl version and its great, no background noise at all. The best heavyweight vinyl I have bought. You get a voucher to download a digital version of the album too! Bargain! Standout tracks for me are welcome to my world, angel and secret to the end but there is not a bad track on here. Definately worth a listen.
on 21 May 2013
13 studio albums and 33 years later DM STILL release albums of astounding quality. This one is up there with their very best, some great melodies, unusual arrangements and bang up-to-date in terms of production and sound.

To my ears not a bad track on the album. My personal favourites are Welcome To My World, Angel, Broken, Should Be Higher, Alone and of course the 2nd single Soothe My Soul.

Just hope that the last track - Goodbye - doesn't need to be taken too literally!
on 31 March 2017
Arrived sealed and in pretty good condition. Great music and product. Many thanks , plus it arrives early than expected :))
on 13 June 2013
I've been a massive fan since Construction Time Again, so maybe a little biased. Saying that I don't need to recommend this work of genius to a depeche fan, because you've already got it! What I will do is urge anyone who has not listened to depeche MODE before to start with this awesome album and you'll soon be converted to a devotee too. Stand out tracks in my humble opinion are Angel, Heaven (another slice of Home), The Child Inside, Slow, ST/RN, Should be Higher, Goodbye and of course Soothe My Soul. Mr Gahan, Mr Gore and Mr Fletcher still leading the way.
on 29 January 2014
I have loved the mighty Mode, ever since 1980 when I was suspended for missing school for seeing them and have seen then across the world ever since. I love the way the songs link together and feel like a complete album. Most Depeche Mode Albums are growers like Ultra but this hits you right in the face. My 13 year old loves this and came with us to see them at the O2 last year. Keep this coming and sooner than 5 years please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
on 9 May 2017
have always loved this band there style of music has move with the times from there early days to there harder rock vibe
this album show just how far they have grown
on 9 March 2015
not as good as their earlier music