on 28 December 2013
Ordered from amazon warehouse deals, and arrived as new- I can't see any blemishes at all, it's just been repackaged (but don't quote me on that, they're all different!). Setting up was very straightforward, and the picture is fantastic. Very clear, vivid colours, and great blacks. Freeview HD is stunning. Stand definition is still good, but obviously inferior.

Smart functions are very good, the iplayer app is very intuitive and well thought out, though it's notably lacking itv player and 4on demand. Maybe in an upgrade, Sony? The only downside for me is the miracast ability to mirror your tablet or phone, that doesn't work with any of the phones (or the google nexus 7 2012 edition) in my house. But all in all, a very classy tv for the money.
2 people found this helpful
on 3 March 2014
I was looking for a good-looking second television for not-too-much-money and this fits the bill nicely. The narrow frame is stylish and compact. I like the way they've designed the stand so that it can be fitted as a wall-mounting bracket.
On the ease of use side it's very quick to look through the TV guide page. This doesn't sound like much but other telly's I use are painfully slow in this regard. At first, looking through the applications was slow (ie trying to go to the internet) but there seems to have been a software download which made it much better.
The setup and operating instructions can be accessed on-screen which is really handy. No trying to find the manual when you need to look something up in six months time!
Really nice picture and the sound is reasonable. For £350 quid I personally think it's a bargain. I'd say it's certainly good enough to be the main television in someone's home if they don't want to break the bank! I'm using it to replace a 27" LED TV which is over 10 years old and cost twice as much (in a sale). This telly makes that one look like a museum piece.
Next job is to plug some memory into one of the USB ports so that I can directly record with it.
The only downside for me is that it doesn't have a vga connection for my PC, so I'm going to have to mod the graphics card to be able to use it.
on 16 February 2015
Excellent picture quality, sound quite good (better with sound bar)
Limited programs via built in Wi-Fi. Benefits from Satellite tuner..
Menu extensive and sometimes difficult to negotiate for those not au fae with the finer workings (like me!).
I mainly use through a HD PVR because the programme listing is simpler and I can record/freeze/go back etc.
on 22 March 2014
Great 42" screen, fabulous picture, depth and clarity amazing. Surround so narrow and beautiful and the whole thing so slim.
The but: I bought this as I read that you could screen mirror your tablet.
This is expressed vaguely on the sales marketing speal, and rather than saying you can screen mirror your smartphone or tablet it should be more specific and state if you have an Experia tablet. No way that I can get my ipad to work the way that I had hoped and that it had been implied that I could. Very disappointed.
Having said that it is a great tv.
on 6 April 2014
I recently brought this television from amazon as the price had dropped and saw it as a pretty great buy! Had it for a few days now and it truly is perfect, fantastic picture quality, unreal full high definition and brilliant at playing games on it. Overall this TV is worth every penny. Super easy to connect up, really fast and strong wifi connection making for smooth use. I have used Netflix and Amazon Instant Video on it and was blown away with the streaming ability it holds, along with having lots of on demand services that also work amazingly. Really can not fault this TV its unreal...perfect built in sound, perfect picture and does everything a television should be able to do in 2014. If you can I suggest you purchase it if you can? I hold no regrets and looking forward to my playstation 4 to arrive and getting it hooked up!
One person found this helpful
on 2 February 2014
I love this TV found it accidentally on amazon at a good price. I have always owned Sony and can see how the technology has advanced in recent years. The resolution, sound quality and finishing is brilliant. I am still learning it as there are so many functions in it and hardly ever get time to explore it completely but undoubtedly very happy to purchase it. Would definitely recommend it.
on 3 January 2015
I've had this now for nearly 12 months and it's a fantastic bit of kit. Superb picture and very easy to use. My criticisms are relatively minor - can't mirror with an iPad and can't add Apps to it (why no ITV Player 4OD to compliment BBC iplayer ?). However can Control the TV with iPad using Sony app and it the iPad YouTube app works very well when linked to the TV's YouTube app. Overall a very satisfied Sony customer!
on 22 April 2014
Beautiful design, perfect picture & good sound quality. What more could you want?!
Well it can record tv on usb stick - great feature. Has built in wireless internet access - this is worth at least £30 as most internet ready tv's require an additional dongle. Access to Sony Entertainment Network - lots of additional channels & games.Also easily connects to Windows Media Player via home network - able to play videos & pictures from my laptop.
I looked at many different cheaper tv's but decided not to compromise my long term viewing pleasure for £50 or so!
I would definitely recommend this TV
One person found this helpful
VINE VOICEon 21 March 2015
This is a great tv for gaming. It has one of the best response times. The image & sound quality is excellent. The only downside for me is that there's a bit of motion blur when playing games but you can get used to that fairly quickly and you really need to look out for it.
on 3 February 2014
I mounted this TV on my bedroom wall with the wall mount that was supplied with this TV set ( basically the stand can be used as a wall mount due to the shape and accessory they provide). Bear in mind you still have to buy the screws to mount on the wall as the screws don't come with it.
About the TV itself it is really attractive looking and the screen is crisp clear and the colours are life-like, The built in speakers at the back are great too, I don't even really need an audio system hooked up to it as it gives back enough bass and sound depth which is enough for me.
I mainly use this TV to game on my PlayStation 4 system and they work together really well. I would recommend this TV for anyone looking for a premium brand TV as Sony as usual never disappoints.