on 15 October 2013
Despite some average press reviews we have found this an Excellent easy to use player.
Improves standard DVD's better than our previous machines.
Anybody looking for a mid priced quality DVD Player try this
on 8 April 2014
Lots to like; user interface, looks, online experience and, not least, a fantastic picture in both blu-ray and upscaled dvd. However, there's no getting away from the fact that it's a bit on the industrial side when it comes to noise levels emanating from the unit. When manually moving through the chapters of a disc, it's incredibly noisy but it's the constant hum (presumably of the fan) during movie-watching that really grates. During noisier scenes you can't really notice it, but in quieter scenes it's unavoidable. I thought it might just be my unit, but a friend has the same model and his was no better. So, in summary, lots to recommend and if you can house it in an enclosed unit, it's a must-buy. But if background noise is going to annoy you, try elsewhere. Shame really.
on 18 August 2013
My 330 seems to have a mind of it's own---when playing a blue ray DVD the quality on my Panasonic HD TV is brilliant!!! BUT sometimes the remote won't switch ON or OFF, sometimes the 330 player freezes and can't be operated by remote control OR buttons on unit---the only option is to pull out mains plug for 2 minutes and start again. I also can't despite many attempts display my photo's from my computer on TV screen as described in product description and handbook. The handbook is very complicated I really don't know if the 330 is faulty or if I am doing something wrong?
66 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 February 2014
I'm very pleased with my panasonic blu-ray player; it arrived quickly and was £50 cheaper than buying from Currys. Very easy to set up and operate. Plays blu-ray discs with no problems of drop-out etc. I like the wireless conectivity which allows you to view Netflix. BBC i player or other websites. I would recommend this blu-ray player/
on 11 May 2014
Loved this for a day until it Kept Crashing
IT seemed to overheat after one movie and everything would freeze until a unplug a replug move was performed
exchanged product only to have same fault.
There was also an issue where the tv would not switch off I found out it wad when if the quick play stetting was on my panasonic tv would not switch off.
It took a 2 hour process of elimination of testing features to find out what caused this after no help from panasonic...he just tried to say it was a faulty hdmi...no it was a faulty dvd player panasonic.
advert states full catchup
the only catchup is bbc iplayer which was very glitchy...I can get better tv catchup on my samsung mobile phone ..all 5 channels not just bbc...come on panasonic...catch up with the times please!
on 15 April 2014
I have no problem with picture quality, HD and 3D look impressive. However, the player does have a tendency to crash now and again. I've got a Panasonic TV, sound bar with woofer, all hooked up through ARC HDMI, so I can't see where there could be an issue, it's getting pretty annoying having to switch off at the mains when it happens.
on 20 March 2014
Usual Panasonic excellence. Great product, easy to set up, performance delivers as promised and all at a very reasonable price. Silver mirror finish is excellent but would prefer black to match my sound bar etc.
Truly excellent delivery service from seller, arrived next day - Thank you!
on 13 April 2014
This is a great wee machine. Quiet, stylish to look at and easy to set up and use. Picture quality is excellent. (I have it linked to Panasonic TV in my bedroom) I like the built in wifi which allows you to view Netflix. BBC i player, Skype or some other websites. I particularly like Youtube and can either sign in using the player, or pair my ipad with it which makes it really easy to quickly select videos from my favourites, watch later list and other playlists on my ipad and then watch on TV. Can also pair with laptop, phone etc.
One thing which may annoy some people is that it is a bit sluggish when using the network, but I suspect this is due to the slow broadband speeds in this part of Scotland and possibly not the disc player.
on 9 December 2013
I brought this item in good faith on the basis that it had Skype within it. The item does NOT HAVE SKYPE. The information given for the item is NOT CORRECT. When turning on the Blu Ray Player we went through all of the Viera Connect screens and apps. It had nothing. We went to a Panasonic dealer who said yes it does have it on and ended up setting up his shop one to find it didn't. He then phoned Panasonic who confirmed it didnt and that the information on your site was incorrect and that they couldn't be responsible for that fact. I argued that the other sites on the internet selling this item also had the same information and was told that they had obviously copied it from Amazon or each other. When I questioned the information they have given out at the release of the product I was told they obviously haven't had it or chosen to ignore it. The picture quality is amazing and the up scaling it brilliant so if you are not after skype then its well worth the money. I am very despondent regarding this purchase as it was misold through no fault of Amazons. ***** AGAIN NOTE THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE SKYPE AND THERE IS NO APP FOR SKYPE TO BE DOWNLOADED AS ADVERTISED*****
on 28 March 2014
Connected to home cinema system, plays fantastic quality blu rays. Slim design, with disc slot hidden. Easy operation with remote control.