on 19 February 2017
A missed opportunity ! This book doesn't ring true! After a painful breakup with a man, sadly suffering from a serioys case of commitment phobia I finally get to this place...yes, it really was his fault not mine, he was, again sadly, a very screwed up and tortured person, in some ways he couldn't help himself but it was his behaviour and inadequacy that led me down the dark alley to behaving like a clingy, needy smothering woman and eventually to a heartbroken and devestated place...it was all a reaction to him! So finally getting to this empowered understanding I hoped this book would support and reinforce me in my realisation, well I'm afraid not as it is poorly and unconvincingly written. The stories and characters are ametuerish and very poorly written, none of it really rang true with my deeply hurtful experience. The arguments or points raised in the book are either not folliwed through or are contradicted, ie, the first part of the book emphasises how the inadequate, emotionally unavailable and manipulative men are really the problem, then later it seems to revert to analysing why we are needy and dysfunctional in our relationships because of our father...and the stories about fathers don't ring true either! Had to stop reading this as it seemed very badly written and perhaps just jumping on a bandwagon of the popularity of these kind of books at tha moment
on 14 May 2014
Really enjoyed reading this book as it was very informative. So if you want to read about how to deal with Narcissts, Sociopaths, Psycopaths then read it. Then you will understand why you are so angry and who is really to blame with all their mind games.
on 13 August 2014
I'm certain this book was written about an ex of mine!! Its absolutely spot on!! I haven't been able to fully let go of my past relationship, felt so guilty and like I was to blame.. for the relationship falling apart... I can look back now at previous situations and realise he used to manipulate me into behaving in a certain way!!...but not anymore...I'm not taking part in his games now. This book is well worth a read!! Especially when you feel like you're going mad!! And all you want is some answers. I'm so glad I came across this book, I've also recommended it to my friend .
on 2 November 2013
Provided some good advice. Would have liked more analysis in parts but found it useful at a very difficult point in my life.
on 24 March 2013
After my younger sister went through a really rough breakup, was very down on herself, and kept saying she'd "never find the right one", I had to do something. A friend at work recommended this book, and all I can say is, "Wow". This is exactly the book that my sister needed!

First of all, what this book is not: it is not another cheesy self-help book. So if you want the same old, worn-out relationship clichés, you'd better look elsewhere. What this book is: a great collection of wisdom, tips, shared experiences, and on-point advice for any woman who has been wrongly blaming themself for a failed relationship.

Magda Brajer has done an excellent job of creating something both unique and helpful to help women through an all-too-common scenario. My little sister was very comforted, after reading through this book, to discover she was not alone, she was not the only one who had been through something like this, and no, it was NOT all her fault! That is an invaluable lesson to learn, and I'm so glad she found this book at the perfect time to help her discover that important lesson. Well done, Magda!
on 11 April 2015
Read this after nearly a year of dealing with an emotionally unavailable man. It raises some interesting insights as a woman in terms of recognition of a man who cant not wont commit. That's the issue nothing you can do will change these men so realise it and move on however painful it is he can't give you what you need so do yourself a favour is the importance of this books message.
on 10 March 2015
This book helped me so much going through a really tough break up! I could relate to almost all of the scenarios. Its brought a little bit of my soul back after weeks of overthinking things and needing answers i would never get. It wasn't my fault!! Great read would highly recommend!
on 8 November 2016
Very good book. Great insights into real relationship scenarios that people can relate to. Some good points and advise. Well worth a read to put you back on track and enable you to move on.
on 30 December 2015
So I wasn't just argumentative for no reason? I knew it! Haha! Thank you for confirming what I already suspected, Magda. A very enjoyable and helpful read.
on 11 May 2014
Another award winner. Passed this onto my friend who was struggling with a break up. This gal really knows her stuff. It was a blessing to come across her.