Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 26 April 2017
good
on 25 October 2015
Arrived earlier than expected, great dvd
on 14 May 2013
If you havn't had the pleasure of watching this fantastic series yet it is well worth getting, unlike most animation this is one that doesn't think o.k it's a cartoon lets make it childish and stupid (taking the approach that has worked so well for Btas and others) it's just well told well animated stories that take ideas and plots from some of the greatest marvel and avengers stories.

It is nice to see that all the little bits of plot hinted at in the first series are starting to come to the fore (Kree, Skrulls, etc) plus a few new bits that I won't spoil, but one I will the first episode contains probably marvels finest villain, Victor Von Doom, who doesn't love Doctor Doom (the non Julian McMahon version of course) any villain who can repeatedly refer to himself in the third person while smacking about superheroes with little fuss is well worth respect.
If you are an Ant-man or Thor fan there isn't a huge amount of either in this volume (although Henry Pym does get his own episode but that's it) that and the lack of extras are the only real gripe.

A complete boxset would have been nice but hey you can't have everything.
on 12 May 2013
What can I say about this brilliant superhero dvd ? This volume is action packed, full of thrills and spills and is totally awesome. For me as a comic book afficionado, this I feel is a good visual medium for all those who maybe like me grew up reading the original comics from the 60's and the 70's and early 80's. The animation is great, the episodes are non stop twists and turns. Watching these episodes made me feel as if I was a youngster again and feeling reminiscent and thinking about the early 60's animation of the marvel superheroes such as spiderman, thor and captain america that I watched and enjoyed almost 35 years ago.
Believe me, I enjoyed watching this dvd and I look forward to the next two releases.
If you buy this, and like me remember the original comics from the 60s through to the 80s. You won't be disappointed ! Enjoy !
on 18 June 2015
I unashamedly admit to being a middle aged Marvel fan and this series of cartoons continues to be entertaining and very clever in the way the seemingly disparate plots intertwine.
Many of the original comic story lines and characters are represented and have been updated without losing their original appeal and flavour.
There are plenty of references and Easter Eggs to test the faithful.
I assume that they will appeal to children but I will not be sharing my copies with any of the messy little tykes.

A whole star was lost however, because some cheesy American voiceover merchant rambles on over the awesome theme music.
Check out volumes 1-4. You know you should know better but you still find yourself joining in with "Avengers Assemble."
on 19 July 2013
Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes Volume 5 carries on where the last volume left off, it is a perfect mixture of outstanding storylines and amazing battles, this book is perfect for any Avengers fan young or old and even if you just like the Avengers TV Show, 100% well worth purchasing
on 24 September 2013
My 5 year old son is obsessed with The Avengers and is a little too young for the live action films so these satisfy him completely. I would recommend to anyone.
on 25 October 2013
My Grandson loves all that is Avengers even if they don't look like "real actors" Many hours of peace and quiet for his Mummy
on 26 November 2013
I bought this item for my Marvel collection. Really enjoyable watch and a must have for Marvel fans. Good fast delivery.
on 21 November 2013
Really enjoy the cartoon! Only there more volumes to go! Great stories and has kept me thrilled on many a day!