on 27 November 2013
I would recommend this book and it has a CD to assist meditation. It is easy to follow and has helped me to deal with the pain and helped me relax alot more. I find it easier to live in the moment now.
on 25 April 2014
Although I already practiced Mindfulness meditation and although when I first read the book I wasn't in pain (so just substituted the word pain for stress) I found the book and the meditations hugely beneficial. Mostly in terms of feeling there was more space, more time, in my life, and also that I could really value not just each day but each moment.

But then I had to have an operation and the 10 minute guided meditations really came into their own. Vidyamala's voice is so kind and reassuring (and it really helps knowing that she knows what it's like to live with chronic pain) it gave me the confidence to be with what was happening to me and feel safe and able to care for myself.

I had been feeling scared, very, very anxious and unable to face what was happening but the Mindfulness meditations, especially the ones that help you be with what is happening without having to try to block it out but also without feeling overwhelmed, really, really helped me through what could have been a very distressing time. My inner resources have been built up rather than depleted by the experiences of the last few weeks thanks to this book.
on 24 November 2015
This is life-changing for anybody battling chronic pain. A rediscovery of ancient meditation techniques combined with modern science and medical research, this is really an entry point to an exciting new way of mind-body management.
on 23 August 2017
Marvellous book and CD that gives practices to relieve chronic pain and to maintain a healthy life. Easy to follow guidance that can be incorporated into most people's daily routines. I am pleased with my purchase and would buy again.
on 11 August 2017
Excellent book for people who suffer with acute pain even dissabities. Like I have. Written exquisitely, flows easily. I can't praise this book enough.
on 17 July 2016
A refreshing viewpoint from someone at long last who appreciates and knows what its like to deal with the emotional side of chronic pain. Particularly the flare ups. Helps me understand, accept and manage my emotions better
on 15 September 2017
Well-written, lots of useful information in simple terms. Interesting to read about the authors' backgrounds and how mindfulness has helped them to cope with their pain. Meditation cd is a plus and is beneficial if one sticks to the programme set out.
on 8 June 2017
FOUND IT HARD TO UNDERSTAND AND DO. I KNOW IT CAN BE GOOD FOR SOME PEOPLE BUT NOT ME
on 24 April 2017
Extremely helpful book that gives you a complete course on mindfulness.
on 23 May 2017
An excellent, easy to follow introduction to Mindfulness