on 10 June 2017
very cute design. i baught this purley because of the tatty teddy design.
fits the biggest birth certificate.
the colour is Red/peach but still a great gift for newborn.
made of cardboard but is sturdy enough. looks nice sat on the shelf on display
TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 25 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a charming little birth certificate holder although I'm afraid I do have to echo other reviewers in pointing out that it has turned up a little bit dirty as it has not been supplied with any sort of protective plastic shield on it. I do have a similar birth certificate holder which was bought for my first born and this did actually have a small plastic cover over it which protected it from the worst of any packing/warehouse dirt; White Pram - Birth Certificate so I would say that I think the manufacturers need to include one with these certificate holders in the future. This certificate holder measures 22cmx3.5cmx3.5cm externally and 21.5cmx3cmx3cm internally and whilst the same length as my other certificate holder it is quite a bit narrower width and depth wise so involves more rolling of the certificate to fit (tested with my first born's certificate in anticipation of newborn due later this year). One positive that I would say when comparing this to the one I already own is that it is made of a much sturdier cardboard and so should take some 'battering' before crushed. I also would suggest that the manufacturers may consider either making a more gender neutral holder or else one in a 'blue' version as this is considerably pink/peachy/girly in my opinion and I personally therefore wouldn't choose to store a boy's birth certificate in it. Finally when comparing to other card certificate holders available I must say that I think that this is very reasonably priced as the others available are more expensive. A nice, okay certificate holder which would certainly suit the rest of the Tiny Tatty range.
VINE VOICEon 24 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's a lovely idea (and sensible!) to have somewhere special to keep your baby's birth certificate. There are some very nice wooden storage boxes around, as well as the traditional silver tubes, but if you want something cheaper than this little offering does the job nicely.

The card used for the box is sturdy and it looks like it's been well made. The illustrations are nice and colourful without being garish, and if you have other Tatty Teddy items then it will fit well with them. It's good value too and would make a nice extra present in a gift bag to new parents. Those with more expensive tastes however may prefer one of the less cardboard-y options.

Also, it would be better if the box came in some sort of protective packaging like a plastic outer box or some wrap or something similar, as when I received mine it was quite grubby with a few grey marks on the top which I guess probably got there during the packing process. This is not the sort of item that you'd want to use or give as a present if it's dirty, so if you are ordering it as a gift I'd suggest you leave enough time to return it and order another just in case the one you receive is grubby too.
TOP 100 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 24 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
Incredibly basic, though well made, cardboard box that's nothing at all special. The colours are dull, cream and read, which disappointed me as I's assumed the box was for a little girl judging by how pink and feminine it appears on the advertisment. A rolled certificate does fit the box and the little teddy bear on the lid is cute - apart from that there's absolutely no 'WOW' factor. Can't fault the quality of the box but both design and colour scheme need to be more special than this.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 30 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a card made box just the right size to hold a birth certificate. It is covered with `Tatty Teddy`pictures.Looks good and is just handy to keep the birth certificate safe and undamaged.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 27 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
It's a cardboard box, a nicely decorated box, but still just a cardboard box and as such it is a disappointment.

There are so many nice boxes available for something so special - if you want a simple one you can get a wooden one; if you want something a little more special there are carved ones available and if you want something really special you can get silver (usually silver-plated) ones.

Previous certificate holders I have purchased usually come with cylinder but here there wasn't even a ribbon to hold your rolled up certificate.

I have to admit that I am very disappointed.
on 5 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a long card box branded with the Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy. Generally I think this is a really nice range of gifts and ideas for friends and families with newborns, but for a birth certificate holder I think it's utterly pointless.

The idea here is you roll up the birth certificate and it can then sit with all the other similarly branded gifts in the baby room. That's great until baby is big enough to be introduced to pencil, crayon or even just chewing and manages to extract the birth certificate from the box and ruin it.

My objection is that birth certificates are things you keep away from children until they are old enough to take it to help open a bank account, buy a home or get married. Why on earth would you put the single most important document for a child in their room where they can deface it.

I am a fan of Me To You Tiny Tatty Teddy and think they have lots of really good gift ideas... this is really not one of them though.
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 6 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a nicely decorated cardboard box that will house a rolled up birth certificate. It is sturdy with a splash proof shiny cover and that's it. No little ribbon to tie the scroll up with, no faux wax seal and no insert to further protect it.

I don't think this will make a very nice gift on its own when a baby is born (it might seem a bit cheap), but as a stocking filler this Christmas it might make a nice decorative piece in a nursery.

As with any certificate holder it will have a limited life span and at some stage you will want to pack the certificate away safely. I am going to give it until little feet are pattering around and then it gets locked up with other important documents, maybe even sooner. Not sure I would want to leave a birth certificate in easy reach of inquisitive fingers! The box can then be played with, because empty boxes are always fun to a child!
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 October 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
In my opinion, this is a bit too basic for such an important document. It is literally a cardboard box. I'd like something a bit more robust and that felt a bit more 'special' seeing as the item it's meant to hold and protect is of such significance and importance.

For the money, it's not con or rip off - but I suspect most parent will want some to keep their child's birth certificate in that has a little more 'sense of occasion' about it. The birth of a child is the most important thing that can happen in your life, the certificate marking this event deserves a home that's equally noteworthy. Not just a cardboard box.

I don't know if there is a standard size for birth certificates so can't comment if certificates will fit in OK. I assume there is and they will - but I won't know until Dec 27th... that's assuming the birth is on schedule.
VINE VOICEon 28 November 2013
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
This is a cute box to keep your child's birth certificate safe. The only point to note is that it's only suitable if you roll up the certificate, so it depends whether or not you wish to do this! It is a sturdy cardboard box in a thin rectangle shape. It looks cute and will keep the certificate protected. I wish I did put mine into a protector like this straight away as some of the children's birth certificates are a bit scruffled up so I can definitely see the need for this! It is a good price and a handy little item. It may be even better if you could store it flat though