on 30 September 2013
Treats you like an intelligent person who didn't think they liked maths to take you on a tour of interesting things that turn out to be based on maths - without requiring you to remember it all
on 6 May 2013
I really enjoyed reading this book. It's packed full of interesting ideas and information. If you think you don't like maths then try reading this book, it might just convert you.
on 16 June 2013
Just as the title says - Surprisingly interesting and useful! Recommended for those who teach Primary school maths. Will be using it for some of my investigative work.
on 31 May 2014
Being a fan of numbers, I could not resist this little book. I was not disappointed - except perhaps to the extent that I wanted it to go on for much longer!
on 20 August 2013
I like considering new problems and mathematical enigmas. I am not far into the book but I do look forward to future jousts with reality and mathematics.
on 10 September 2013
I found this book very interesting with it's everyday usage of maths and would recommend it to anyone that found maths a bore or difficult to learn.
on 8 April 2013
Very good book. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Learned a few things from it. Even taught my son some little tricks and he is now showing off at school.
on 24 September 2013
Fun tips and ingenious maths tricks,plus some great puzzles to make you think. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Much too short though!!!
on 17 August 2013
I bought this as I have enjoyed similar works in the past. I'm always surprised by enjoying maths now as at school hated it.
on 4 December 2015
Brilliant. I'm on my third reading and it's still fascinating. If you like numbers, this is the book for you.