on 30 April 2014
I am very satisfied from this purchase because this TV is full of features, good value for money and offers brilliant colours,contract and fast refresh rates even at full HD 1080p. Please note that the refresh rate of this TV is 100Hz, where most of the other 42" TVs have 50Hz because of which they are £50 or so cheaper. But a faster refresh rate means the screen doesn't flicker while watching fast paced action/sports scenes as it refreshes 100 times a second instead of 50. This was one of my main reasons for spending extra money on refesh rate and I do not regret that! The color reproduction is amazing, along with a great contrast. On one day I was watching a full HD wildlife video and I was amazed by the sharness, colors and contract of this TV. The assembling (TV stand) and installation is very easy and I got it up and running in 10-15 minutes. It has two HDMI ports which is good. I have an internet streaming device attached to one of those and a laptop (sometimes) on other. Although this isn't a smart tv (internet enabled), I have a full HD Roku (internet streaming) player with a fast broadband and I watch HD videos from netflix, youtube and BBC iplayer and I havent found anything to complain about this TV, in the last 20 days I have been using it. The TV also has a nice lightweight TV remote which doesn't require line of sight, and USB port for watching media from USB drives. Highly recommended!
44 Comments| 25 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 12 June 2014
Update March 2017
The TV died after just under 2 years. I bought this in response to another Samsung 32" TV dying after 13 months just before I bought this one in exactly the same way: the screen stopped working. I'd assumed that was due to using it as a monitor, but the most recent one is used only as a bedroom TV, an hour a night.
I can no longer recommend Samsung small TVs after a 2/2 failure rate. Every other TV I have ever bought has lasted at least 5 years, often much longer.

I bought this after discounting 32 inch PC monitors due to cost and having recently bought a Smart version of this from Samsung for the bedroom.

As a TV, it works perfectly, giving a good, clear image and good sound for a small room.

As a PC monitor, it does exactly what I wanted - a large, clear screen for home-office work to compensate for my Macular Disease. I can set the font size on the PC to 'large' and the screen is big enough to still fit everything on easily.

I'm not a gamer so can't comment on its abilities for that, but I do watch Blue-ray movies on it, coupled to a 2.1 surround sound and it's fantastic.
on 23 January 2014
We've had an old 30 inch CRT TV for the past 15 years and as soon as we could afford this upgrade we got it, the picture is absolutely amazing and we're incredibly happy. We switched the picture mode over to natural since the dynamic mode was kind of annoying, as soon as you turn on/off the light in the room the picture dims or gets really bright and it's a little annoying but there's so many work arounds that you can't complain. The sound is crisp and clear, everything is easy to set up and we saw this TV was £200 more expensive in Curry's so we really can't fault it.
on 30 August 2013
I have seen mixed reviews for this TV and i am no expert, not the type who hooks up the TV to external speakers, i am just not that "into" technology. Anyway, the TV is very light, the picture quality is good and the sound is fine, we have not noticed any drag on the screen, although all we have watched is movies, we have not played games on this.

The screen brightness auto adjusts to the room, which for me, at night, makes the screen too dark. I do not like this feature and will probably turn it off when i get around to it. Overall, i love it.
on 8 March 2017
For three years now I had no issues with the TV. However, last week the screen suddenly went black. Now every time we turn on the TV we can hear the sound from the stations but there is no picture on the screen. Completely disappointed by Samsung... I've now conducted both Samsung and Amazon to see my options. Let's see how this goes...
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 7 December 2017
Awesome!
on 17 June 2017
Very Bad user experience , the TV Does not power on and the red light blinks . Bought this tele in October 2013.

Dissasppointed that the samsung product sold by this seller lasts only so long !!!!
on 23 August 2016
The Backlight panel failed after less than two years, the tv was out of warranty at that point. Good image because of the screen, but all the rest of hardware/software is really poor in comparison
on 11 August 2017
Bought in Oct/Nov 2013
Very Bad user experience. Watched tele the night before then next day the TV didn't work. Does not power on and the red light blinks. We have had a 50" for 10/15 years and had no problems with it.
on 22 November 2013
Connected it up to the sound system after it had done the auto tune.
Great and good remote except the channel list button should be bigger and more prominent.