on 9 November 2014
Great picture. Had it over a year now and a perfect television with great picture.
on 10 July 2014
Waste of money. Brought this tv just over a year ago for £300 and the screen already has a fault. Horizontal lines in picture double picture and flickering. Wish I had gone for cheap and cheerful.
on 6 December 2013
Wasn't looking for a smart 3D TV, just a user friendly 42" HD TV with a great picture! I found the perfect TV for me. There's a great picture through the sky box while the murder and mayhem conducted through the Playstation is shown in great detail! The speakers are very good but I use a stereo system anyway. The great price makes it even better! I'm definitely glad I bought this amazing TV!
on 19 June 2013
Bought this for our bedroom that has a SKY HD box with HDMI connection and we watch mostly HD content.
The bad....
The colours are a bit pastel like, almost like everything is being shown through slightly opaque window.
Motion can blur, I like watching golf and the ball leaves a slight trail. Watch a face closely when it moves and the slight colour differences become the same - looks unnatural. Same with footie pitches when the camera pans – it all goes the same colour green.
The brightness level changes a little bit depending on your viewing angle.
Sound is tinny, I expected this and not too worried as in the bedroom.
Bought this as it's got a 100Hz refresh and is 1080p HD, but have to say it's not a patch on the picture quality of my 2 yr old Panasonic plasma in the lounge which I’m still very pleased with and doesn’t have any of the Samsung issues I’ve described.

The good...
Static HD images are vivid clear and bright.
Nice design.
Easy to set up.
My wife notices none of the flaws that I do!
11 Comment| 14 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 2 September 2013
Television is great, disappointed nothing to clean television screen with. Where can I get some. Tried to order of you but you wanted as much for postage as for goods. Mr kelly
on 5 May 2014
When I got this TV it instantly blew me away with the clarity of the Freeview HD and the Motion BUT almost a year on I am seeing Motion Blur that wasn't there to begin with. I did a little Google and found something along the lines of "The Panel Lottery" and that if you have a Sharp screen or unbranded screen you will suffer ghosting/motion blur BUT My TV was fine for almost a year. I managed to get into the service menu to see what panel I had and was sure that it was a Samsung panel as I did not have any ghosting to begin with and I was correct and the code read 32A6AF0S. After the screen size your presented with a letter and A apparently represents SAMSUNG. It appear the Samy panel has become defective in less than a year but I'm not sure if I can claim on the warranty??? - It is a shame as I want to buy another one to replace my 2007 26" 720p Sony LCD for the bedroom and might I add that the 2007 Sony which is 60hz and getting old does NOT suffer Motion Blur of any kind whatsoever, Jackie Chan/Jet Lei move wonderfully - someone work that out?
on 1 October 2013
How this television came to be a part of my life is an interesting story, so I shall outline it here.

One day I was taking a stroll through a gloriously picturesque spot of countryside a couple of vales over from where I live. It was a truly picturesque scene; the sky dotted with fluffy cumulus as the Sun shone down, the wind breezing through the grass in soft undulating wisps, the oak trees standing imperious along the hedgerows - a truly bucolic place. As I sauntered along I paused to pick some plump, juicy blackberries from a hedge. They tasted sweet and refreshing on a hot afternoon. Suddenly, from within the hedge I heard a low grumble, akin to a dog protecting its chew toy from a sibling. I paused, my senses heightened, then took a measured step back while I slowly raised my walking stick into both hands. It was now a weapon. The growling slowly crescendoed and my eyes pierced into the thick undergrowth. They discerned only darkness. I was acutely aware that the weather had taken a more sinister turn; the Sun was hidden and the wind was tugging at my clothes. Still I stared and waited, not daring to move. There came a sudden rush and out of the hedge, tearing towards me in all its primal violence, came crashing a Samsung UE32F5000. All my years hunting Sumatran rat-monkeys on Skull Island had prepared me for any such attack, but even then, it was close. I raised my stick just as the beast lunged for my throat and was thrown backwards with the force of a car crash. The jaws of the Samsung snapped manically for my soft tissue. I held firm and, with all my strength, raised the TV off my prone body using my stick, and threw it down to my right hand side. In this brief instant I had gained I leaped up to my feet and span to face the monster. It lunged again but I was prepared. My stick came down like a baseball bat and struck the TV square in the side. The crunching of the liquid crystals was a gruesome sound and as the Samsung fell inert onto the soft grass, I loomed over, breathing heavy, and watched as the life flowed out of the creature onto the rural scene. In that moment I felt a peace and and a thought on Darwin's natural selection floated through my mind. I had been lucky; many other times I wouldn't be. I walked home and slept.

This encounter taught me one thing: be very wary of wild Samsungs. Two days later I purchased a domesticated Samsung through Amazon and it was been wonderful.
22 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 1 August 2014
Product didn't work. Satisfactorily Returned.
on 29 May 2013
It's 42" but it's like watching a big screen at the cinema.
It has a lot of functions on it and it's perfect for me.
on 14 July 2014
Bought the TV it arrived in 2 days, the box was sealed no marks or dents. The TV itself is perfect easy to assemble and set up over all best product I have bought in a while.