on 27 April 2014
Although this phone could be obtained more cheaply if linked to a service provider, the sim-free facility does give you the freedom to change provider here or abroad to get the most effective tariffs available. The phone itself is full of great features that would have only been available on high end phones only a year ago. Good battery life, attractive appearance and tactile handling makes this a a pleasant mobile to own, if not quite iphone quality.
6 people found this helpful
on 4 June 2014
If you are looking for a smartphone for basic internet connection, then this phone may fit the bill. However, if you need a phone to load apps, saved webpages, bookmarks, etc onto, then you need to look at another phone. There is not much in the way of internal memory to save your data and webpages onto and the maximum amount of external memory (microSD card) you can install is 32Gb. Updating existing pre-loaded apps may result in 'low in memory' or 'out of memory' warnings. If you need the update, you will need to un-install apps to create space on the phone's tiny memory, or un-install updates for apps you don't use. I found a problem with the way it handles some dialogue screens, including Google, when opened on the browser. It placed the actual box into which you key in your question, out of sight. Not the kind of problem you want when you are entering a complex question into Google's question box. Overall, I found this particular smartphone's performance levels disappointing and wish I had looked at something else, costing a little bit more. If you need a smartphone which you will rely on to do much of your internet browsing on and saving web pages, then you need something more powerful with better memory facilities.
on 29 September 2014
This phone has been a problem from almost the time I bought it for my partner. It says it is an easy to use phone, it certainly is not.Even trying to delete things are complicated and different on different things, and you do not get a good how to use book either!! It also keeps dropping out and all we can do is phone emergency calls and I have to reset it all up again. I have only had this phone since 6th August 2014 I have now tried to send it back to be told I can not do so as I am out of time. Absolutely disgusted by the phone and the fact I have only had it for a few weeks and I can not return this item and get a refund. I now have to go and get my partner another phone because this is basically unusable and rubbish. A total waste of money. I have a Samsung Galaxy and that is a much easier phone to use, to set up and to get around the messaging, phone calls etc. I would not recommend this phone to anyone, it is a total waste of money and time, I spend more time trying to work it out and sort out problems with it, worst phone I have ever had. I would give it a miss if I were you.
on 18 November 2015
I am a huge fan of Sony products as my experience with them has been very good for the most part but it is difficult for me to recommend this phone. When I bought it, I did not want to spend a big amount of money and I ended up buying an Xperia Z1 and regretting buying this cheap product. The problem with it is that it became slower very quickly probably because of the updates even though I tried to keep the most essential apps only.
on 21 July 2016
I bought this phone for my partner as he does not like very complicated technology. And this phone suits him perfect. All the usual sony apps, but also very simple to use, and runs fine on a pay as you go. The phone is very stylish and sleek, beautiful in black, with a LED light at the bottom. Battery life good and no lagging at all. Very happy with my purchase and would definitely buy again.
on 2 March 2014
excellent battery life
can be a bit slow sometimes, like one or 2 times a day and certain apps crash
but been a topnotch phone

updated 9th april

i cant seem to save a txt to another folder on my phone. which is a ball ache, wen it comes to saving 1 text, like a txt from a ticket txt seller online or a freinds address. internet can be quite slow, its faster on my old nokia n958gig. and the internal memory seems to be loopy always saying its nearly ran out of memory. predictive txt isnt very good at learning its self, but all in all a decent phone :)
on 13 May 2014
I like it because it does all the things I need and is easy to use, plus the fact it is unlocked in the factory means you can use it for most of the UK big networks.

It has a great sound from the build in mp3 players a walkman , free headphones come with it. I think Sony is superior for sound and the screen never crashes and the colours are bright and clear .

My battery lasts a long time, I have battery saving mode on. Depends I suppose how often you use it, for being on and making the odd call and text, making a vid, taking pics, it lasts me about 8 days on one charge .

The whole phone is neat and tidy and takes quality photos and videos too as well as surfing the web etc.
on 24 April 2014
There is absolutely nothing wrong with the phone - just my rubbish Lycamobile provider, who cannot manage to give me settings for access to mobile Internet. However, last month I tried it with another network, and I had no problems. An excellent price for a smartphone, although it does have some limitations - data goes straight onto the phone's limited capacity memory and not onto the 16G memory card I bought. Never mind, I bought it more out of curiosity than anything else!
on 5 March 2014
Most of the time it works well, I have found the tactile screen a little lacking in sensitivity on occasion. I bought it mainly for the size as it was slightly smaller than the others I saw. Samsung, Apple etc and that suited me better than having something that would not fit easily into my existing carrier. Good range of facilities which someone who is not a teenager, can follow and use easily.On line use easy and generally I find the signal sensitivity is good. No drop outs when talking, which used to happen with my Nokia. All in all, very pleased with the product and what I paid.
on 13 April 2014
I bought this phone last Sunday. Firstly I thought I would never buy a smartphone because I didn't want to make my Chromebook 11 redundant. Anyway to the phone its a simple design a rear camera android OS and Sony have also added a few of their own apps to it as well such as the Walkman player. At the minute the mobile world is dominated by Samsung and apple but i think Sony are the dark horses here there phones are released without fanfare but their phones are good if not better, the same goes for HTC. The Xperia e is a budget smartphone but it doesn't feel like one at all. Oh yeah i forgot the battery life is better than an iPhone