Colour Name: Black|Change
Price:£70.61 - £199.99

I'm very impressed with the mobile for the price, it's got a really nice design and is a huge improvement over Sony's previous budget mobile, the Sony XPERIA Tipo Sim Free Mobile Phone - Black.

Really quick to use, a great screen, a nice sized handset, and it won't break the bank.

This is a brilliant handset.
77 comments| 588 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2013
I am so happy with this phone. Its the easiest phone to understand.Looks lovely and the sound quality when making calls is fantastic. The camera I was worried about but its really good and again so easy to master. The price for this phone is terrific and the start up user guide is such a well thought out feature.
22 comments| 152 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 25 May 2014
I wanted a replacement for my ageing Samsung mobile - not a smartphone, just a basic mobile with touchscreen.
Sony Xperia E is a good purchase as long as you aren't looking for a phone to wack a lot of apps onto !. - if you do I guess it would slow down as it's not a high end core processor.
Had this a while now, running as quick as when I bought it, I get about 5 days out of the battery - fairly low usage, a few calls and texts a day.
When first received I turned off the auto rotation; Wi-Fi and 3g, these are the main things that eat battery and didn't need to be on 24/7. I also went into the developer options and took the animation scales down to .5 and ticked the Don't Keep Activites - which basically prevents a load of background processes building up.
All in All very happy with this choice... does what I need, looks smart and performs well for what I require.
Hope this helps.
on 7 August 2013
I'm giving it 5 stars because the fault I had on mine was fixed by an exchange.
I don't even think it was a fault,but there was something that stopped the
contacts working but it was probably me not knowing how to fix it.
FOR THE MONEY this phone is quite a brilliant piece of kit.
Unlike some android phones I have wrestled with to set up, this one is so simple
I just breezed through it.
I like Sony stuff anyway, but this phone is very fast,the menus are easy to
understand, the way it works is easy as opening a can of beans without getting
a can of worms instead.
Just buy one - it is a lovely looking phone and in my view a better prospect than an I-PHONE
and at £108 it's a steal. I have a Tesco contract - Dont laugh! Tesco has some amazing phone deals!
on 2 December 2014
I wanted a simple phone that was not full of bells and whistles but this... well, its not it.
I took it out of the box, downloaded the management software so I could transfer my contracts etc and before I had completed that, It was complaining it was out of memory....
First, how can a new phone be out of memory out of the box?
Secondly, according to the machine itself, hardly any of the 2GB of memory is used... let alone the 16GB mSD card I added....

Well, it seems that the phone uses internal 'phone' memory for apps - and that about 640MB (reminded me of the PCs circa 1990s) and no end of tweaking can get it to stick stuff on the copious free internal memory... confused? I was.

Plan B: Remove stuff I was not gonna use. I mean, a busy mum does not have time to play games on her phone so that could go, right?
Wrong... as a factory default app, this phone is filled with stuff I was never gonna use and there is no way to get rid of it.

So bottom line, the phone is fine as a phone if you want exactly - no more, no less - than what it comes with.
If you want to change it in any way.... forget it.
OS updates, patches etc have no effect. A lot of the official Sony stuff simply does not work and often crashes the phone.

Not the best phone I have ever bought and after Christmas, I'll be on the hunt for a new one; one that actually does what I want.
on 31 May 2014
Good phone at reasonable price. Too much bloatware that can not be un installed or moved to SD card to free up memory.
Phone manufacturers need to learn that advertised memory needs to be memory available for the consumer to use.
Google need to make all aps move able to SD card, then I wont be restricted on the number of apps I can install.
on 31 January 2014
This operates on Android Operating System with access to hundreds of thousands of apps and games on the Google Play Store. Access to Movies, Music, Books etc with Google Books, Movies and Music. It is fast and fluid and operates seamlessly with the Sony Xperia Intergration. You can use Media Go on your computer to add music from your library and this also works with Movies and Photos.

It has 4GB memory (2GB user available for apps) You can expand this storage up to 32GB with a micro SD card. Here are the specs:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 900 / 2100 - C1505
HSDPA 850 / 1900 / 2100 - C1504
SIM Mini-SIM
Body Dimensions 113.5 x 61.8 x 11 mm (4.47 x 2.43 x 0.43 in)
Weight 115.7 g (4.06 oz)
Display TFT capacitive touchscreen, 256K colors
Size 320 x 480 pixels, 3.5 inches (~165 ppi pixel density)
Multitouch Yes, up to 2 fingers
USB microUSB v2.0
Camera 3.15 MP, 2048x1536 pixels
Features Geo-tagging
Video VGA@30fps
Features Android OS, v4.1 (Jelly Bean)
Chipset Qualcomm MSM7227A Snapdragon
Browser HTML5
Radio Stereo FM radio with RDS
GPS Yes, with A-GPS support
Java Yes, via Java MIDP emulator

- Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic
- MP4/H.263/H.264/WMV player
- MP3/eAAC+/WMA/WAV player
- Document viewer
- Photo viewer/editor
- Voice memo/dial
- Predictive text input

Battery Li-Ion 1530 mAh battery
Stand-by Up to 530 h (2G) / Up to 530 h (3G)
Talk time Up to 6 h 12 min (2G) / Up to 6 h 18 min (3G)

Overall it is a great little phone for the price! Hope this helps!
on 27 April 2014
Although this phone could be obtained more cheaply if linked to a service provider, the sim-free facility does give you the freedom to change provider here or abroad to get the most effective tariffs available. The phone itself is full of great features that would have only been available on high end phones only a year ago. Good battery life, attractive appearance and tactile handling makes this a a pleasant mobile to own, if not quite iphone quality.
on 16 May 2013
A very fast delivery and a great phone for its price tag. The camera is not top notch but adequate...also the screen is not the brightest but otherwise great :)
on 28 April 2014
I have this phone it's great it's easy to use it's got u can get lots of apps from Google play and u can also go on the internet on this WiFi is on here and there's Bluetooth and you can store lots of photos and music and the phone is nice and load when your talking on phone and it load when your playing music it's a great phone