on 23 July 2013
This is a counterfeit item and is not a official samsung accessory. The item did not even come in the box the real ones do, there is no hologram sticker on the front (which proves its legitimacy). The item didn't even come with the extra charging cable which it is advertised to do. The following text is taken from amazon itself, 'Beware of Imitations! All authentic Samsung product will have a holographic sticker visible on the product packaging signifying that you have purchased genuine Samsung product. If you receive a product and the sticker is non-existent, has been removed or the packaging appears to have been tampered with, please report this to Amazon immediately.'. I will be contacting amazon immediately.
66 Comments| 61 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 February 2014
seemed to work great at first, but after a whiles my batterys seemed to get weaker.
then the cable stopped charging then altogether
was very disappointed with this purchase
on 13 January 2015
Small, neat, very useful. I've been using it for a while now and it has proved far superior to any of the portable power packs I've tried.
It slips into a pocket or a bag and there is a small light battery cover for even more portability if you wish. The only slight drawback is that it is a battery swop to get back on-line. If you are a heavy use always on requirement then your stuck with the power pack solution. For me the problem is long days, with the assurance that, when I need it, I have a fully charged battery to slip into the phone.
on 8 March 2015
Business users will likely want to grind the S4 into the forehead of Apple fanboys in response to the sucky battery performance of this now ageing Samsung handset. Fear not however as the extra battery wotsit is the solution (future S6 owners should take note here). Snap in and out of battery takes but seconds and successfully lowers stress levels back to "standard" in most users. Get it if you plan to hang on to, and batter your S4 for any length of time.
on 2 March 2015
I use my phone so much, this has become an essential in my life. I use it virtually every day.

It's great having an extra battery, fully charged and ready to go as soon as my other battery dies; especially on days out without access to chargers and this really came in handy when travelling long journeys and over weekend camping trips.

I've had no issues with this product at all, and would recommend it to anyone.
on 19 February 2014
I've been one of those lucky people who's battery for my S4 became swollen and affected the performance of the phone.
Apparently, it's a common fault with the batteries for this phone and I needed a solution quickly.

Can't understand the reviews that state this is a counterfeit item - it's well made, in proper (hologramed) Samsung packaging and, if it is fake, they've done a very good job as I wouldn't be able to tell the difference.

The battery lasts longer than the original that came with my phone and being able to charge one battery while using my phone is a real plus.

The kit comes with the charging "box", an official Samsung wall charger, a new battery and a case to put your spare battery in.

All in all, a great product. Well made, well packaged and well worth the money.

As usual, Amazon Prime delivery was superb (ordered on Saturday evening, delivered by noon on Monday - fantastic!).

I would recommend this to anyone with a Galaxy S4 - being able to swap over your battery means you can go without plugging your phone in for 3 days!
on 29 June 2014
Just everything that is needed for been on a move. No more worries about running out of battery. I always carry out with me spare battery in a case and rarely connect phone now directly to mains. I just swapping battery and use battery charger instead. I just wish and synching cable been included but anyway this is a really good product. Thank you and good luck!
on 15 July 2014
The batter provided with this went wrong. It actually swelled up and now does not fit in the phone or the charging station.
on 18 July 2013
The picture clearly shows a battery in the charger and the description "kit" implies more than one object. Nonetheless it has no battery and is just an empty charger. What a con! Almost £30 for a plastic box that doesn't even have a transformer in it.
on 10 June 2015
I needed a replacement battery and this kit only cost a little bit more than the battery alone. My kit came with an genuine Samsung battery (I peeled the label off a bit to check) and an excellent case/charger.

One thing to bear in my is that it does not come with a USB cable or plug but I had a few spare so that was not an issue for me.