on 19 August 2016
The second one I've bought - I love the fit of the case around the phone and the window which means you can easily see any messages. I also like the fact when you open the case it turns the phone on - this is the best feature of the case.

However, the plastic clips that hold the case onto the phone are quite fragile. I had to buy another one after a clip broke completely rendering it useless but I had been using it for about a year so I wasn't too bothered. However there is already slight damage to the plastic clips on my new one and I've only had it for less than a month.
on 15 August 2016
Its OK but there are ones better out there, I have the white version of this case for my S5 and the phone knows when the cover is closed and changes the display so you can see who is calling you. If you have the case open for a while it will take a while before it will close. It replaces the normal back cover what was scary at 1st because of water getting in but this case did pass the water test, the phone worked just fine afterwards.

My biggest problem with this case is after one week of use the case started losing color like around the edging started fading into a yellow color, so I went back to my normal case, so it was a disappointing because the case looked OK at 1st but now it dose not anymore.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 December 2015
I'm not sure what to make of this case. It fits beautifully, but on many occasions when I open it, I get the screen warning to check my battery cover. The standard warning you get if the rear cover isn't positioned correctly. It is annoying to say the least. To use this case, you need to take the rear cover off and fit the rest of your phone directly into this case for the phone to use the Samsung features that come with the case. Mine must have a flaw, but it appears to be fitted correctly.

Another annoying feature - if you are left handed - opening the cover and swiping a finger to unlock the phone becomes fiddly. Folding the case completely back is the best way to get around this, but that causes its own problems. Once the cover has been folded back for a while, it won't close completely, turning the screen back on. I'm finding to get around this, I put the phone down face-down, or put it straight in my pocket.

It is a lovely cover, it has a slight metallic shimmer to it and the colour is rich. There isn't a cutout for the volume control, but it's not needed, as pushing the side of the case works well.

One feature that is missing is a cutout for the notification light. It is no longer possible to know you have a notification until you open the case, or press the power button and look at the S View screen through the perspex window. My review drops two stars because of these issues.
on 11 November 2015
Beautiful good quality case. Having read previous reviews, I was a bit concerned as some warned about fake versions. I think a lot of different cases for different model phones have been reviewed here and these warnings might not go for all cases. The case I review here is the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 S-view case in gold. It is quite clearly a genuine product, with model & brand marked on both sides of the case. The back part fits perfectly in the back of the phone (replaces the existing battery cover) and holds the case perfectly in place. The material feels really nice and soft and has a lovely sheen to it. I would say the colour is pinkish gold - I think it looks great and smart, but it may be a bit girly for some. I actually wanted the gold version of the phone, but as it was about £60 more than the black version, I bought the black version. This case pretty much solves that problem for me. I was also pleasantly surprised by how well the front flip cover stays put on the screen. What others have said is true: the case does not have, and would benefit from, a magnet to hold it shut. However, I find with a light press on the front of the cover when closing it, it kind of sucks to the screen and stays there fine. The material is very supple, so the front cover folds away easily to the back when using the phone. I personally take care when placing it in a bag to wedge it in between flat things/a pocket, if you don't do that, it's possible that the case would flip open again with potential to scratch the screen. So if you prefer to be a bit rough or careless with your stuff, this case might not suit you. I think it's great how the phone responds to opening/closing the front cover by displaying the time & some info (you can customise this in the phone settings) and when you flip it open, it launches the default 'wake-up' screen as it would if you pressed the side button. I love this great quality case and I like how it protects the screen from scratching without needing a stick-on screen protector which I always think takes away some of the beauty of the super amoled screen. I personally don't have/use the cordless charging device, so I don't know whether that works with this case but I have found the battery to be more than good enough to last through a full day, so I just charge the phone via cord at night.
on 26 July 2016
Definitely worth the cost - this is a premium product.
I have noticed that the battery life on my phone has improved - as the screen turns off if the cover is closed, and only illuminates the window if a call or text etc comes in.

It's a pity that there isn't a magnetic latch or something to keep the cover closed, and the size of the window stops them from including a pocket for the likes of a credit card etc, but all in all, this is definitely something that i'd recommend to all owners of the Galaxy S6.
on 24 October 2015
My previous case was a leather wallet type with a magnetic closing tab. The reason I needed a new one was because the cradle that the phone clipped into was brittle and started to break apart, leaving the phone less secure. What appealed to me about this case was that its back replaced the back of the phone and made it integral to the phone.

However, there are some design flaws that spoil its use. First of all the front cover doesn't close flat after you've used the phone and it opens very easily. Therefore if the phone is dropped, there is a very real possibility of the cover opening and the screen being damaged. If it had a magnetic tab this would hold it secure, or if some resistance was engineered into the hinge which kept it closed.

Another design flaw, is the hinge itself. It doesn't fold back very well and makes it fiddly to get to the volume button on the side of the phone. Although the material is of good quality, its a bit shining and slippery, which makes it feel a little insecure in the hand. The other point is that I'm constantly getting a warning message to check the back is secure, which is rather irritating.

I do like the ability to answer a call without having to open the case, this can mean the difference between a catching a call or missing it. But overall the design is flawed.
on 16 September 2016
Bought to replace an existing Samsung S View Cover case that had worn out but the one I ordered from Amazon.co.uk direct was counterfeit and poor quality. I compared it directly with the genuine one I had and the difference was night and day. The packaging had faded printing and no holgram whilst the finish of the case and pattern was of a much lower density, almost like cardboard, instead of being a more like a shell cover. The cutouts for the S View had rough edges and didn't line up exactly and the sticker on the S View window didn't even fit correctly.
on 30 October 2016
I have waited a long time for an s view case for my S5 because they were so expensive. I have used a lot of other cases and although good they were obviously inferior to the s view. I bought the pink case and it us beautiful! A previous review said these cases are fake but the case I received certainly is not and for the current price it is worth every penny! my only concern is that it does not stay closed.. there used to be a clip you could buy but I couldn't find any. I would happily recommend this case.
on 8 January 2018
I bought this to replace an old flip case i had which lasted 3 years and cost only a few pounds. Firstly i didn't realise this case only had a sticky pad on the back of the cover to stick to the back of my S5 mobile which didn't work very well and after a few days the cover just fell off! Also, it didn't fit the mobile well as the camera cutout wasn't quite lined up so it pushed the top of the mobile off the sticky pad also making the cover look uneven. Couple this will the fact that the cover doesn't fully close I have given up with it after week and bought a 'clip-on' cover instead. Hated this one, over priced rubbish!
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 March 2015
Very comfortable to use, keeps your screen safe as most flip cases do but takes away the nag of having to flip it open all the time to fulfill that compulsive need to check your notifications.

At first I thought that it was a good thing to have to replace the original back cover with this as it would keep the phone looking slim, but this ended up being the reason for the 3 star review - As it replaced the back cover, it ONLY protects your phone up to that point. This means the all of the front edges of your phone are vulnerable to damage and sure enough my phone did lose some of the silver coating around every corner from random hits and chips. Because of this, I would advise against this case (or any of the back cover replacement types) although having the window is very nice indeed. I suggest getting a standard clip in flip case instead, for the extra protection.