Platform: PlayStation4|Edition: Standard Edition|Change

on 14 February 2014
Would of given it 0 stars if i could, how can people rate this any higher than 1 is beyond me.

The game is terrible compared to other fifas, i just hope that pro evo comes out with something special like the old days this year that will put the fifa games into the bargain basket.

It would seem that ea sports have the lions share of the market so have decided to become lazy and just copy and paste from year to year without listening to the people that actually buy and play there games.

First of all heres a few things i remembered from a few games i had last night before turning the my PS4 of before it went out the window.

Glitches- I have noticed some of the goal celebrations are glitchy, i like to celebrate my goals with the sliding on knees beating the chest celebration but now it would seem i slide on my knees then fall flat on my face... not part of the celebration it seems like a glitch were another player should slide behind me and grab hold and pin down on the floor and celebrate with you...cant believe this hasnt been fixed with an update.

Heard a saying the other day, someone said they would rather give a penalty than a corner on fifa and its true. you have more chance of them missing a penalty than missing a header from a corner, Fifa 14 all seems scripted.... they attack down the wing put a cross in and no matter how many of your players you have in the box 1 attacker will leap above 4 of your defenders from 16 yards out and score!!

Tackles- yesterday in one game before half time i picked up 2 yellows and a red without making 1 slide tackle, i have had yellows without even pressing the circle tackle button just by running towards the ball and accidently touching the other player... the slightest knock and the ref will blow making the game stop and start every 2 mins. on the subject of tackles as well it would seem that even if you can tackle a player without giving away a freekick the ball just wonders to another one of there players 4 times in a row i made a tackle for it to roll through to another of there players.

Stats of players mean nothing- Playing with real madrid in a league match against some bottom of the league team i have never heard of and there players will match yours for power and speed?!?!.... i mean c ronaldo has to be the fastest player on the game yet try making a run down the wing and you will be easily chased, caught and then tackled by some player ranked about 63 against a winger ( the best player in the world) who is ranked 92..... but thats just Fifa i remember last fifa playing as arsenal and walcott would glide down the wing at full speed to easily be caught up by jamie carragher!!... UNLESSS of course if its the other way round...if the comp is running down the wing and your giving chase just give up hope of catching regardless of player.... if carragher took of at full speed down the wing you as ronaldo would be left well behind.

Offside- what the hell has happened here? it now blows for offside before the ball has even reached you. old fifas the linesman would wait for you to touch it before flagging and the ref giving offside now its a soon as the ball is played the ref blows for offside, gone are the days when you could hold R2 and L2 and dont interfere with play and let the ball run on to someone making a run from an onside posistion... Terrible!!

Passing- seems you can point towards a player press x to pass and it ends up going in the completly different direction or will be extremly overhit into the crowd from a simple pass. BUT when the computer ends up clearing a corner towards the half way line with a big hoooffffff... boom...directly to the feet of there player who is waiting for it...every dam time

scoring- this has become near enough pure luck if you manage to score now.... common are the games were the stats read 18 shots at goal 14 on target score 0-0.... had around 6 1v1 with the keepers, hold the finesse button to hit it over or straight down the middle into keepers arms?!?!... i hit the bar 3 times from my first 4 shots... 1 time it hit the bar came down to ronaldo who put the header over the bar from 6 yards..... 89 mins into the game and bang the comp kicks you while trying to shoot inside the box and ref blows for a penalty.... comp 1 shot 1 goal in the entire game...

Online play- dont even bother with this option, has to be some of the worst servers i have ever played on...laggy and unstable... recieve the ball look up press pass...sounds simple, not online. you recieve the ball then for some reason have to take around 5 touches even though you have pressed pass before recieving the ball in the fitst place!

Waste of money... but its the only football game out on the ps4 at the moment....broken glitchy lazy game hence why people are flogging this on facebok or gumtree for £20 to get rid of it, several of my mates have already sold it for tomb raider, dont blame them.... if you are looking at it thinking i might get it then dont...AVOID AT ALL COSTS!
on 14 July 2014
Each year EA bring out a new version of FIFA and each year it becomes less and less value for money, little changes. EA want us all playing Ultimate Team and getting ripped off paying for virtual packs and players and won't allow you to keep those players and items going into the next season. I've been loyal and bought FIFA each year for many years, but I think I'll stop now.
on 17 July 2014
By far the worst Fifa I have ever played! Even worst than Fifa 2007.... and that's saying something. Where the hell do I start.

Game play- The Game play is slow and frustratingly sluggish. Players take an age to pass, shoot and the touches are terrible. Even top players struggle to control the ball. I find it impossible to run past/go around players, and as a result, there is no excitement or skill involved when playing the game. Goalkeepers no longer come out automatically to gather the ball from through balls or crosses that are in their vicinity. I mean come on, how can the goalkeeper not claim a ball that is within his six yard box? Crosses are literally impossible to defend. You may as well flip a coin. You're more likely to score from a corner than from a penalty in this game and feel defenceless every time a ball is whipped in. I've lost count of the amount of times I've had three defenders around one attacker and yet the attacker still manages to header the ball and score. As I say corners are just a game of luck. Finesse is still as useless as ever, and most of the time when using it the ball ends up being hit straight at the keeper. Every time you make a tackle, the ball always seems to roll further on giving the opposition the chance to regain possession again. You can make 4 or 5 tackles in a row and still find yourself without the ball. Furthermore, players make random fouls without you pressing a button and the ref always seems to give fouls for the slightest of touches on players. All of these problems and more makes the game so frustrating and slow, eventually leading to controllers flying across the room.

Seasons- For those who enjoy playing online, DON'T BUY THIS GAME! You are constantly up against the noobs of Fifa who persistently use the flawed L1 and triangle to loft it over your defenders, who cant seem to follow the run of the attackers. This occurs 90% of the time, with 99.9% chance of them scoring. Pass and move has literally become obsolete, as Fifa seem to think football is now all about hoofing the ball 60 yards across the pitch. Conveniently the ball always lands at the feet of the on running attacker, who is more often than not, C.Ronaldo. This brings me to my next point. Nearly every game I have played online is against Real Madird. I don't think I have had three games in a row where I haven't played Real Madrid. This is predominantly down to the fact that Fifa have made them so overpowered that even the worst of gamers can win with them. On countless occasions I have had numerous shots on target without any success of a goal, however one over the top through ball (L1,Triangle) against me causes confusion at the back and cuts the defence in half, ultimately leading to the inevitable 1 Shot, 1 on target, 1 Goal. It is literally impossible to defend at times and this is down to the incompetent EA developers and their rubbish AI. They've even got rid of Co-op online. Who the hell made that decision! Seriously I think they must of been high when they made this game, it's that bad.

I could go on and on but I think Iv'e made my point. Don't allow EA to rob you of your well earned money.

Seriously EA sort it out!
on 6 May 2014
I've played football games since the Super Nintendo first came out and love them, it's great to just pick up a joypad for 10-20 minutes and just have a quick game of football.

20 years on and i've never (until now) played a football game that make me want to throw the joypad through the nearest window. Who ever tested this game and thought "yeah that is great, we can charge £50 for this game and sleep easy at night knowing that we have not ripped people off" needs to be placed in a padded cell because there is just no hope for them.

I've played is constantly for nearly 4 months to get better at it because as i thought the problem was with me but it turns out that this is just the worst football game i've ever played. It's seems slow, there is no point trying to pass the ball around and create chances, no point trying to do perfect tackles just lump the ball forward and chase it with the fastest player you can find. Forget slide tackles, just run in to the guy with the ball and as long as your player is a bit bigger you'll get the ball nearly every time.

The thing a really wanted to play was the Football Ultimate Team which is the biggest money grabbing tool i've ever seen on a video game, you can either play hundreds of games at 20 minutes a pop and save up the coins you earn to buy the likes of Ronaldo or Robben or you can buy a lucky dip pack once you have 5000 or 7500 coins (you earn 300-500 coins per game) where you "may" get a star player, if you have not got enough Coins then it's no problem you can use your actual credit card to buy Fifa points (these points can cost between £0.79 and £79.99!!!) which you can then use to buy these packs as if the £50 you've already spent on the game is just not good enough, once you've spent all of your Fifa points you may come out with a couple of decent players but in most cases you won't.

Playing the game is joyless and frustrating, i will never buy another Fifa game.
on 7 March 2014
I've owned every FIFA from 2004 and I think my patience has run out. I am mostly an online seasons player and so this review is based on the gameplay. Ok so yes the graphics have improved but they don't compensate for the awful gameplay. The first thing that bothers me is the severe increase in the frequency of offsides. The AI of the players comes into this, it would appear they don't seem to read where the line of defence is and more often than not stray behind this line. It would also seem that the computer delays the pass so that the player is purposefully offside. In addition, when a pass is intended for a player on the wing, it goes to the player that is in an offside position. Furthermore, players seem lazy, I've lost count of the number of times I have cleared the ball or the opposition has passed to me and the player I want to pass to is just jogging back. Moving on, the other thing that annoys me is the ease in which goals from headers are scored. For example, you are playing Bayern Munich, a corner is whipped in and no matter how hard you try to clear it Dante or Mandzukic rise above all your players to plant the ball in the back of the next. Even if either of these players are surrounded by 3 defenders you still have no chance. I reckon this happens 99% of the time. As such, a lot of online players choose to play as Bayern and they all have the same play, run down the wing and cross it to Mandzukic, easy goal, no skill required. Something has surfaced in the last month of two that really grinds my gears. Ok so you have just scored, great goal and you are celebrating, opposition kicks off, guy seems to be running back to his own goal, turns and fires a long ball upfield, the FIFA equivalent of a Hail Mary. 90% of the time the lone opposition striker finds a pocket that allows him to collect the ball and score. Wait? Where's the defender marking this guy? Just standing there watching. What is this EA? Seriously? Have you been watching too much Scottish football? (I'm from Scotland). What else do we have? Oh yes what are the goalkeepers about? Several times I have played a simple backpass, with no opposition players near the keeper, and he miss controls it, sometimes this leads to a goal! The shot doesn't even need to be hard for the keeper to palm it away, and more often of not it falls to an opposition player who slams it in the back of the net. Other times you think, seriously? I could have caught that even if I was in the crowd. For example, the opposition attempts a chip, time seems to slow down, routine save... oh you know what I'll just tip it over the bar. Rigged! I could seriously go on all day. The other players annoy me too. Ok so you attempt to make a simple pass to Ronaldo/Messi when you are on the break from an opposition attack/corner, easy enough for either of these players to stride right? Nah no chance, it smacks off their heal, attack over! AGGGH. One last thing, but there are probably 100 more things...The refs! I have no problem with a decision if it's earned, for example a rough tackle. You could blow on a player and get a yellow card in this game! Shocking how easy is it to get booked. Say you are running towards goal and run past a player but run into one of the defenders, that's obstruction right? Free kick to me? Nope, yellow card for the attacker. Wow. How often, if the real life game, would you see a player getting booked in the first five minutes? Refs tend to wait till a player has commited a few fouls before booking the player. Anyway that's all I want to say

EA I really hope you are reading this, please make the effort for your loyal fan base again.

If I could give this no stars I would.
55 comments| 31 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2014
It's blatently scripted.
UT shouldn't be in Fifa.
EA have decided to become lazy and just copy and paste from year to year without listening to the people that actually buy and play there games.
The typical scripted fifa rubbish- basically when the computer wants to score IT WILL SCORE, if the computer doesnt want you to score YOU WONT SCORE! If the computer wants you to do a good pass you do, if the computer doesnt want you to do a good pass, you dont't
Online play: dont even bother with this option, once EA has the worst servers i have ever played on...laggy and unstable... receive the ball look up press pass...sounds simple, not online. you receive the ball then for some reason have to take around 5 touches even though you have pressed pass before recieving the ball in the fitst place! And the worst: It happens also offline!!!

on 31 May 2014
Hi
If you like to setup and play a lokal tournament with 3 friends, well no luck there anymore. EA removed the only reason for me to play FIFA. Guess this will be my last FIFA games. Would like an refund, but my experience with EA customer service is that I will just vaste my time.

Its a disgrace that this removed feature was not mentioned.

Best regards
Carsten
on 1 March 2014
EA is just a joke. Ever since this game came out there has been problems with online seasons where apparently squad files are not correct and so it kicks you out of games. Very common issue which they haven't resolved instead they keep updating the game to improve ultimate team. Money whores.
on 9 January 2014
I am a long time Fifa player I have been playing this game since its first incarnation on the megadrive in 95, I played it on PC, I even played it when the whole world was Pro Evolution Soccer mad. I purchased this game via the Amazon upgrade program (great move Amazon thumbs up to you), I expected this to be a exact rehash of the PS3 game with better graphics, however it's not. The game doesn't feature a Tounament mode which means I can't play a league, or a FA cup tournament by myself. I dont want to play online, I want to play leagues against the CPU and Friends. In my view this just a move made to boost sales of the forthcoming World Cup Fifa game - EA you bunch of money hungry LOSERS.
on 26 April 2014
I hate FIFA 14. The graphics on PS4 are good, although they need to put some effort in to match what 2K did with Basketball. The gameplay absolutely blows though.

Goalkeepers no longer run to the edges of the box to collect through balls and instead just stand on their line watching even when you hold down triangle.
Opposition on online just belt balls downfield from the edge of their own area which you cannot defend. You defence runs up and your goalie runs out, misses the ball and give them a goal. It's ridiculous.
It's blatently scripted. You win 15 game on the bounce and get within a point of promotion yet agin then suddenly lose 5 on the spin with you players unable to make the simplest of passes.
Defenders are quicker than forwards. Ronaldo struggle to escape Jerome Boateng. I know this because if you play as Madrid or Bayern on Seasons the only team you ever play against are Madrid or Bayern.

There's just so much more wrong with this. I hate this game. Don't buy it.
Let's all stop buying FIFA until EA actually make a game that's fun, let's you play without scripting, and listens to complaints.