on 13 July 2017
I remember find out about Frank Turner really late on. Leeds festival one year I stumbled across him. I have loved him ever since.
This album did not let me down. Some really great songs, the sort Frank is known for. Upbeat sing along songs with the odd ballad in their as well. He has kept his folk sound with the punk rock edge. For me it's not as good as some of his other albums, but that is because I love his raw music, this album seems to produced and perfect.
All in all a fantastic album though.
2 people found this helpful
on 14 May 2013
I'd never bought anything by Frank Turner but downloaded this on a whim when I saw he'd played with Chuck Ragan on The Revival Tour and when I first listened to this I was so disappointed. I thought that the lyrics sounded like the ramblings of a pretentious 6th former and that most of the songs were just dire whining. Then I heard a review on Radio 2 (can't remember who by) that reinforced everything I though about the record and I thought "oh good! it's not just me" and rued not having listened to some of his material on Spotify.

But then I found myself listening to it again. And again. And again. And...well you get the picture.

I don't quite understand why, but I now really like this album and would just say that you need to listen to it 4 or 5 times and it just kind of gets under your skin.

It's now the only thing I'm listening to and I'd highly recommend it.
on 10 February 2018
Absolute bargain for the vinyl - got it in the vinyl sale for £8.99 and was pleasantly surprised to receive the splatter vinyl version. Good album as well - better than Positive Songs but not as good as England Keep My Bones (IMHO).
review image
on 9 November 2017
four letter word being my fave track on this album.
I am in love with Franks song writing and style. folk/rock/punk - bizarre but it works.
on 5 June 2014
Love every track. Each one sounds unique and different to the last but I can still hear and know the words to each and every one. Having seen him play at the Eden Sessions two years ago I was really pleased to see a new album and was not disappointed at all. I have had this a month or so now and it is still one of my most played albums.

I particularly recommend Tell Tale Signs, Anymore and Broken Piano - they are my absolute favourites on here.
on 7 April 2018
Good product.
on 15 November 2015
This album is just awesome. I have all of Frank Turners albums and I have to say this is one of my favourites. Just a brilliant artist all around. Always appreciates fans and encourages input - like the album art work on this one! Great guy, great music. Another Brilliant album.
on 1 May 2013
First time I have heard Frank Turner. I really enjoy this type of music and it has definitely made me think about getting more of his music. The title warns of explicit lyrics so I was expecting it, however I think they distract from the music. It just sounds wrong and that's my only criticism.
on 21 November 2016
Starting to go downhill here...a bit too winsome & folky for my tastes!
on 27 September 2015
I could listen to this every day I really could. Discovered FT late on and been through everything and its all good but this for me is the best....get it and don't be dissapointed