on 16 April 2013
As a novice curry chef I have found this book unbelievable I am crazy about Indian food but never can get it to taste authentic but this book is excellent I've cooked 3 different ones now all absolutely amazing!! I'm following slimming world and the extra easy plan and most of these recipes are free foods. I honestly can't tell you what a great buy this is best £1.99 ever spent. Once you have made the curry recipe base which you can put in the fridge for the week it takes like 20 minutes to make which ever curry you like from the book. I'm so happy I found this book I will be skinny in no time I'm addicted to them.
on 16 March 2017
I bought this book at the beginning of February and wanted to wait until I'd used it to write my review. I can honestly say that it is the best curry recipe book I have (and I have a few!).
The book itself is small and has no colour illustrations but that doesn't matter because the recipes are so good, who cares if the picture is in colour?! We all know what curry looks like!
The secret to the skinny curries is the curry base which you cook in a big batch and freeze in portions ready to use when you fancy making a curry.
Each curry recipe then uses 2 portions of curry base (recipes ate based on cooking for 2 people) plus the individual curry ingredients depending on which curry you choose.
I have tried four of the curries now and can honestly say, they are the Nice's curries I have made from scratch and as a bonus are about half the calories! My favourite so far is the Garlic Curry. (Don't be put off by the amount of garlic in it! It isn't overwhelming when cooked and I didn't stink of garlic the next day!)
I would recommend this book to any curry lovers whether calorie conscious or not. I've cooked these for both skimmers and none skimmers and everyone has enjoyed them.
on 6 June 2017
Like many cookbooks, this requires a substantial investment in ingredients and kitchen time. Produced a couple of good results, though.
on 17 August 2017
Never bought something like this
Perfect!
Add more seasoning
Adjust whenever you like
on 6 January 2018
Great buy!
on 12 June 2017
some really great recipes, highly recommend
on 24 October 2013
Would recommend this book for anyone that likes indian food and is undertaking the 2 day fast diet. Recipes appear easy and healthy.
on 21 July 2014
great - would recommend
on 14 April 2017
Easy to follow recipes.
on 15 December 2013
We have tried all the recipes except the Phall bit too hot for us, and they have all been really tasty. The great thing is that the recipes not only make a delicious meal but are great for people who need to watch their fat and calorie intake. We love curries but need to have a healthy diet due to heart problems.A brilliant book we have recommended it to many of our friends and relations.