Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 18 September 2015
Production quality great, packaging and inserts were excellent, but the entire series (Euro version) was time compressed... which obviously raised the pitch of the voices and this was frequently quite distracting (I was one of the finatic fans of The Equalizer series when it was released in the 80's... I am very acclaimated to the actors' voiced). The US version is not time compressed, but these disks do not contain the original 'pop' music tracks due to mechanical licensing limitations (the original 'Addicted to Love' is a bad cover instead, for example). The European version does.

Still very enjoyable. Love it just the same.
on 22 March 2017
Very pleased with this . Edward Woodward was a fine actor. 30 years old but still gripping. I would thoroughly recommend.
on 22 July 2017
Watched some of the episodes and what I have watced have been good
on 26 January 2017
Just the same great series I used to watch as a kid
on 5 April 2017
I see a lot of Callan in the character although Edward Woodward playing a different character, There are similarities.
on 26 December 2014
Waited for this box set for decades
on 30 December 2015
I bought series 1 of this programme because I remember seeing it when I was a teenager and I thought it was really good and looked forward to the next episode on tv, but since buying this first series, I have noticed the a lot of detail has been left out and McCall gets to the solve the problem too fast and I'm left wondering how he worked it out.
Fantastic old TV series
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 5 January 2016
What else is better for a Sunday afternoon or late evenings than a cult classic series? Being a young child of the 80's I never fully got to watch the series when aired and by the time the age was right, repeats were few and far between (unlike Mash and a few others which seem to get constant hammering), first series was purchased separately but then there seemed to be a drop in releases for further seasons until they club them together for this release, which is brilliant! Is it a bit weak, hammy and sometime laughable compared to newer series (and it's feature film), well yes but it's Edward Woodward at his best kicking butt, need I say more?

I hope this review helped you. If so, I would appreciate it if you clicked on the Yes button for a helpful review. If you have any questions, please ask. I am pretty responsive to comments
on 9 May 2015
Still incredibly powerful viewing after nearly 30 years.
Edward Woodward is just wonderful What a fine actor he was....,the first season is fantastic and Copelands music just
adds to the series....pity he didnt do seasons three and four.
Very imotive seeing the twin towers too in lots of the outside shots too.