Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

TOP 500 REVIEWERon 24 December 2014
The useful advice in this book could probably be boiled down to a page or two: draw stick figures and helplines, make rough sketches, exaggerate the head size, add action lines, practise a lot...

The rest of the book is a lot of vague, jokey (but unfunny) padding along the lines of: "Holidays provide opportunities for sketching pin ups. There are many pretty girls around on sunny days. You need to be careful when lurking about beaches, however. If you creep about looking too seedy you could end up with a slapped face."

There are lots of cartoon line drawings by the author but these are not, it must be said, very good. It's hard to feel inspired when your instructor's own efforts look like those of an amateur. The only decent caricatures in the book, including the one of Pavarotti on the cover, are the handful by another artist, John Ball.

I'd recommend Christopher Hart's cartoon drawing books instead.
on 24 August 2015
My daughter is very creative and wanted to have some guidance on how to draw cartoons this book has been very helpful for her. It was a 10th birthday gift. Arrived on time and in new condition good price. I also purchased the "How to Draw Anything " by the same author.
on 30 May 2014
I was expecting something a little different: with more explanatory drawings and less words. Instead, there is a lot of words and a few explanatory drawings. I haven't read the book yet, but I have to admit that I am not so excited as I would expect. Even so, I am curious to read it and I think the money spent was worth it.
on 28 November 2013
I bought this for my 9 year old nephew, as it looks like a kids book.
But while flicking trough it, i noticed there are drawings of topless women.There not vulgar, it just shows how to draw,
but i thought i should let his Mum know, and she wasn't very happy.
I don't think it's that bad and wouldn't mind my young kids seeing it. On the up side it shows great ways of drawing things like ears and noses.
A great little book
on 8 January 2015
I haven't read it entirely just yet, it's written in a nice, friendly and encouraging style.
However the "hands-on" exercises and the drawing tips are a bit hidden in the blocks of text, I wish they were underlined or that they would stand out better, it's also not a book you can really skim, you'd need to like drawing and reading.

I think a lighter version using the same tone would be wonderful.
on 18 June 2014
Sorry but the quality of drawings and how to do them I found very poor and not much help perhaps I am fusssy but I have found much better Artists and books
on 3 October 2013
It takes you through the basics and on to being entertained by your own ingenuity whilst discovering the lost art of just observing what you see and depicting it with a bit of fun.
on 11 September 2013
This is a very good item, the author is very good at explaining what is required and the exercises are very good.
on 13 April 2015
How this is for sale is a miracle. Refund required and remove it from amazon. I been rubbish on amazon but this wins first prize
I am disgusted, ive just opened this book and not only is the book not great, but it shows you how to draw topless ladies and pin-ups!!! Please put say this on your advert!!! Now i have to pay to have the book returned and i will also have a disappointed child! Shocked!!