on 22 August 2017
Did not even last a year - and despite mophie saying it's a two year guarantee they would not honour it - They asked for photos of info plate then declared that despite me having bought it only 10 months ago their information showed that it was manufactured over two years and so was tough - really odd since two I bought from different companies on AmaZon both died with a month of each other ( within ten months of purchase) but both apparently out over the two year guarentee - won't be buying another mophie
on 19 February 2016
This case is available in a number of different colours. In the box is the case, headphone jack extender and micro usb cable (for charging).

The case simply snaps together around the iPhone, as it has a top and bottom section. It has speaker grilles on the bottom section front to help amplify the iPhone's speakers. A headphone jack extender is also provided, as the case is too deep for headphones to fit into the headphone socket. On the back is 4 less which help indicate the battery percentage and a switch which can be used to turn the battery case on & off. The case has cutouts for the lock, volume and silent buttons. It is charged through a micro-usb port on the bottom, it can be charged while the iPhone is inside and will charge the iPhone first before charging the case. It provides a 80% charge for your phone. It adds some thickness to your phone and length, but not too much.
on 21 June 2016
I have bought 2 different mophie cases that were supposedly the same but were not. Beware, it seems there are multiple models!!!!

This one (the dark colored one on the left) has been working perfectly for the last month. Except for being a battery case it is also a good way to rid yourself of lightning. You will see in the picture that at the bottom it is different and the iphone snags in there more tightly due to rounded corners.

The other case I bought (the light gray one) listed @ https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BS99NG4/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_0 , does not work perfectly as it seems to be a slightly different model that doesn't make good contact with the lightning slot. Your therefore need to squeeze the base and the top together a lot of the time and it stops giving power at a moment's notice. I was ready to send it back because on the first day I ran out of power and was without my phone @ the beach.
My solution was to add some paper within the case in order to push the iphone downwards towards the lightning jack and it seems to work but it's a shame!

Ask which model their selling.
JPH-IP5-MBLK = GOOD
JPHSLVV1 = BAD
review imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 24 February 2018
The battery on my iPhone 5s was slowly deteriorating. Whilst on holiday recently it gave up shortly after midday a couple of times, leaving me no way to access my transport tickets which were held on apps, nor to use the maps app to find out where I was/where I wanted to go. A battery app showed that the maximum charge it would now hold was 77% of the original.

I was left with two choices, to buy a new phone at approaching £1000, or to spend 3% of that sum on a battery case. As there is otherwise nothing wrong with the phone I chose the latter. I am glad that I did. Yes it adds a little to the weight and size of the phone, but not so much that it becomes cumbersome. It does exactly what it says it does, you use the phone’s battery until the low battery warning, then you slide a switch to recharge the phone’s battery using the case’s battery.

The price on Amazon seems to fluctuate considerably depending on who the supplier is and what colour you want. As I don’t care what colour I have I chose the cheapest. Even at the higher prices it would be worth it though.

You do need to remember to pack a mini-usb cable when travelling as it uses one of these, not the Apple connector.
on 25 January 2015
I think this is an excellent battery pack for the iPhone 5 and 5s. It's thin for a battery case and it's relatively light. The case itself is relatively protective, but it probably wouldn't be adequate for drops of over a meter onto concrete.

The battery takes a couple of hours to charge and provides about 70% extra battery usually, which is very good compared to the advertised amount. This usually means that I don't have to charge my phone in there day - a huge benefit. The finish doesn't fade very easily and mine is till in almost pristine condition.

Overall, this is a great battery case which gets rid of a lot of the annoying battery problems with the iPhone 5s. It lasts about a day of moderate-heavy usage. The added bulk is annoying, but this is one of the thinner cases out there. It's a bit on the pricey side at full price, but it's now much cheaper on Amazon. When I purchased mine back in November 2014 it was £45, but now that it's down to around £25 it is a very good deal.
on 25 June 2014
After using it for over a week It now feels natural to have this case on! The size and weight for me personally have never been an issue I would happily have the extended battery life instead! and this is one of the best battery cases i have ever used for any of the iphones. I decided to purchase this one instead of countless other available on the market as this is a MFI (Made For Iphone) product. Therefore there are no comparability issues with this product. The design is where this product trumps all the rest in the market currently. It feels naturally fit for the 5/5s and although it does adds to the length from the bottom but you will quickly get used to it, infact it feels great to hold now and type messages if you have bigger hands.
on 12 April 2018
Superb value for money at this price. Nicer than the white one I had before which was too shiny and easily slipped. This one has a cool metallic look and has more grip. And very cheap at £16 - feels like a genuine one too. Only down side it's 1500 capacity instead of 1700 but I can live with that for the other benefits.
on 10 April 2016
It's lasted me a long time and the case comes with the 3.5mm headphone jack extender so you can still plug in 3rd party headphones/earphones which is a nice touch, the case is still charging fine after almost a year however the cable has never been securely in place and is extremely unstable and can easily be knocked out but once it is in place just leave it an it'll charge.

It charges your phone from 1% to 80% easily (as long as you're not using it while it is charging) so it is good for anyone who runs out of battery while they're out however this case is thick and I'd recommend getting a power bank instead because you get more charges for your money
on 16 April 2017
I travel a lot and gone are the days where I ran out of power from taking photos. I find it so reassuring to have back up power, that I use this cover all the time. It does make my phone more bulky but for me it's worth it for peace of mind. I also don't need to remember to put it on my bag because it's always on my phone. The downside is my phone doesn't look as sleek as an iphone5s does but I'm all for practicality. The pack does get hot when charging the phone from the cover so I only use it for 10 minutes at a time which is usually all that's needed. Simple to use.
on 19 December 2017
The battery pack is very convenient, however just bear in mind it does provide a bit of weight to the phone but after awhile you get use to the weight (I personally didn’t mind the weight). It was also easy to charge back up.
Very useful.