on 4 February 2015
My partner took a notion about 18 months ago that he would like to try his hand at brewing his own wine! After much research we were a little apprehensive as brewing from fresh fruit seemed complicated until we came across wine kits! Since trying a couple of kits, a white Chardonnay, a Chablis and a red Merlot we were becoming a little disheartened as they didn't taste as good as we had hoped!

This kit was recommended to my partner from an experienced brewer on an online forum and since then he has brewed this kit many times now ... its hassle free brewing and what a bonus that it only takes 7 days until bottling up ... although we have found leaving it an extra day or two enhances the flavour more! After a few times of using this kit you will find that you will get used to how it brews, summer will be different to winter obviously due to temperature changes affecting how the yeast reacts etc., but you will be able to tweak it a little, a wee bit less or a wee bit more sugar.. etc! ;) We really do enjoy brewing this kit ... the wine is very smooth, and personally I always think it has a very subtle hint of strawberry! A couple of friends have stated it is much much nicer than bottles of Rose they have purchased previously costing £6-£10. Winter or summer its always enjoyable! This wine is also a hit with family and friends ... so much so that we often get phone calls asking when our next batch is due ... a bit of a headache when trying to get bottles back ..haha!! I also get the sneaky feeling that a friend of ours only invites us to dinner when she knows we have a just brewed a batch ... lol One word of warning ... it is sooo smooth and goes down a wee bit too easily that before long I have had one glass too many, much to my detriment the next morning!! ;) This kit is an absolute winner with us, we don't have the patience to wait a long time to brew from fresh so this suits our impatience wonderfully!

If new to wine making this is the perfect introduction .... we are still relatively new ourselves having never attempted to brew from fresh but still, its a nice feeling to print off our label stating its homemade wine!! ;) Its great value for money brewing at home, only having to add water and sugar, everything else needed comes in the kit....where else would you be able to buy a bottle of wine with a quality taste for under £1??!! We are not massive drinkers but it is always nice to be able to pull a bottle from the fridge and have a glass or two with dinner or to unwind at the weekend and its a nice feeling knowing you made your own wine!! Its also handy to have a few bottles aside to give as part of a gift on birthdays or special occasions without having to browse shelves at the off licence!

If you enjoy rose wine and would like to try and brew your own then I honestly think you can't go wrong with this ... we have had successful results each time with this kit and to be honest its fail proof if all the instructions are followed correctly! I'm also thrilled to have found this on Amazon as we were buying from an online brew store previously, its a little cheaper here plus that company always charged silly money to deliver! In our opinion this kit makes a lovely tasting wine, we are so happy with it that we haven't tried any other since this one was recommended to us! All in all ... 5 stars from our house!! Cheers!! :)
on 13 October 2017
I HAVE TRIED A FEW ROSE KITS AND OUT OF THOSE THIS IS THE BEST SO FAR
on 23 September 2017
decent. cracking bit of kit
on 9 October 2015
I am exceedingly pleased with this kit and will buy this again. The instructions were easy to follow and it makes a good rosé wine. Strong and smooth. I was a bit sceptical about the "7-day" thing and was prepared for a sharp, sour taste, chemical tang or having to wait a lot longer but was delighted to be proved wrong. I am fortunate to have a place that is constantly at 19'C to leave a 30L bucket to ferment and I checked with a hydrometer on the 6th day and it was fine. It is at this point you de-gass (I have found that a good fast 20s egg-beating-whisking sort of stir every hour over an 8 hour day is fine at removing the CO2. For whites and rosés anyway. Add the finnings etc and leave to clear in a cooler environment for another 24 hours. After 24 hours what was syphoned off was crystal clear. I was blown away by how quaffable this proved to be! I made this to be drunk straight away, well, within a week or so therefore I cannot comment about storing this for any length of time wrt "ageing" or anything but who would want to? This works out to be all-in-all about a quid a litre. It is ready in 7 days. And it tastes great. I cannot recommend this kit enough
on 22 November 2015
Arrived very quickly only a couple of days after ordering.
Was worried that it wasn't fermenting as my house makes the North Pole seem like the Caribbean. But silly me was being impatient and being a larger brew quantity it obviously takes a little bit longer to kick in, and boy did it not! It was like Mount Etna and I ended up having to replace the airlock after it tried to escape through it.
It has been 8 days now and has slowed right down, you can do this in a hurry but I am following the instructions for a better quality wine so will be taking a hydrometer reading and depending on the results will have 30 bottles of Rose in a few days.

Very pleased with this kit, simple, clear instructions and a very cheap option for 30 bottles.

Just a word of advice you need aprox 3 and a half kg of sugar overall, but that can be obtained quite cheaply if you shop around.
on 19 July 2013
This wine is superb,took 7days as advertised. The wine taste like a expensive wine.not one made from a kit . I have order another box. The best I have and indeed my friends have tasted.
Would recommend.this to everyone even those who have never used a kit before . Do easy to do just follow.instructions wait seven days and then enjoy
on 25 August 2016
Very nice wine. My first time making wine I usually make beer but found this kit quite easy. Only problem I had was initial bubbling was too intense for the airlock to handle (foam coming through it) so I took it off and attached a hose to the bung instead and put it in to a bottle filled to about a quarter full of water with the end of the hose immersed in it and it worked a treat .You will probably still get some foam coming through but it will end up in the bottle instead of on top of your brewing bucket.
on 24 April 2016
This has been one of the best and easiest wine kits we have made. The wine came out after 2 weeks perfectly clear and a lovely strawberry colour. The taste is good but not quite as good as £5 wine from the supermarket but at this price who cares. One mistake we made was not to de-gas the wine sufficiently and this I think affected the taste slightly so please follow the instructions unlike us. I would certainly recommend this wine kit to all and we will be trying out the reds next.
on 6 July 2015
Great kit does what it says on the box tastes better than bought wine my friends and family love it .
on 18 April 2016
Ghastly. Avoid at all costs. Find a kit with 10 litres of quality juice and no added sugar required. It may cost a few quid more but at least you can drink it instead of using it to clean your drains!