on 6 February 2014
After months of research I've chosen this TV to buy and replace my current TV. I've heard a lot of stuff about the TV, a lot of negativity and a lot of praise, but ultimately for the price you can't go wrong with this TV.

Size -

When the TV arrived I was a bit sceptical whether I chose the right size, it was replacing my 23" Samsung 2333HD model that I've had for 4 years, I needed a bigger TV for gaming and watching movies, when I was tasked with screwing on the TV stand it seemed bigger obviously but not as much as I've hoped, as soon as I put the TV on my table I was really satisfied with the size, it was just perfect.

Sound -

At first I was absolutely gobsmacked at the speakers quality, coming from my 23" Samsung 2333HD the sound on this TV was just flat, however after watching TV for a few hours I've gotten use to it so much that I actually prefer them to my old TV, so if you are worrying about the sound quality, rest assured that while you maybe shocked at first, you will grow to love them (That is of course if you don't use an external audio system)

Screen -

While researching TV's I knew one thing from the start, and that was to not settle for anything but an LED panel, the picture quality is absolutely stunning, it's perfect for everything from Gaming, watching movies to watching TV. Colours are vibrant, and real life like, something that old LCD displays just can't do.

Freeview interface and feedback -

User interface on Freeview isn't great, I must say I'm actually a bit shocked, mostly because if you go to the guide, you can't see or hear what you were watching, something that is a must for me, it's also shocking because all my TV's to date allowed you to watch and hear the channel you were on while browsing the guide, of course it resized the broadcast to fit in with the guide, but at least then you could watch and browse. That said it's not bad, and a selection of Freeview HD channels is definitely at least 1 reason as to why you should choose this TV over the slightly cheaper model without Freeview HD.

Settings -

There are variety of options in the settings, Picture, Audio, Setup (Tunning freeview and whatnot), Time (for setting time and date), Lock (Allows you to set a password), Option (General TV settings) and lastly Network which i find useless. There are options for everything but it could add a few more options, such as ability to turn on the standby light while watching TV.

Hopefully that should help you choose this TV, if you have any questions you are welcome to ask me on twitter @Sebianoti.
on 1 June 2013
Next day delivery, Easy to set up, great clarity in the picture. Even the manual made sense. I am glad I chose this model
on 5 August 2013
The product arrived on time, and was very easily installed. It looks stylish and performs very well. So far it's been absolutely fine, but time will tell, since we've only had it for a few weeks. The sound is a lot better than our old TV, which was more expensive, however, the picture can occasionally vary, but that could be the satellite provider, who are also new to us. We wanted an easy to use and install TV, and it has provided that, at a very reasonable price. I would definitely recommend the LG to anyone looking for tried and tested technology, and value for money.
on 12 June 2014
I bought this tv really just to play my ps3 on in hd, it does not lag with all the fast game play and the colours are great as there are preset options that do the job. In terms of tv quality I can't coment as only watch in standard def...the sound as some others have noted is a little harsh but only when you go quite loud... in all I would buy another one of these for another room as I am really impressed with its quality.
on 25 January 2014
Have knocked this down to 4 stars as it has no headphone socket. This entailed me to purchase a phono amp.

The screen is excellent and sound ok. My wife needs the headphones so was a bit mad at having the additional purchase. I should have checked the specs a little more carefully before purchase.

The set is ultra thin and I have mounted it on a wall.

Can recommend.

Usual Amazon service in despatch and delivery - 100%.
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 May 2014
Ok had one of these for half a year,its good, surprised the price has come down now, wish it was a bit bigger though? but i gues i want it to be more cinema like ! one snag however.......it has no earplug socket , seriously, what the hell LG? I have to fork out another £30 to convert the optical audio out to a headphone socket, it needs 3 gadgets to do this too.....
on 7 June 2014
I brought this as a birthday present for my mother and she loves it. Even though it's not a wireless t.v with lots of HDMI and USB ports, it is a fantastic smart t.v with an in built Full Freeview HD LED LG Television that will blow your mind. Great value for your money aswell. Buy it and you won't regret it.
on 31 January 2014
nice, light, good quality
I wouldnt say it is one for the lounge or living room, being the size etc
but fits perfectly on our nursery wall, good colour, decent sound,
perfectly fine for everyday use... watching tele, movies etc..
when connecting the latest games console to it, at some points there was motion blur, but ONLY when gaming.
on 15 May 2014
A lovely tv which ticks most of the boxes but I only wish the sound quality was better but I was not expecting much based on a LG tv purchased a few years ago.

The tv has enough inputs to keep most happy and will not look out of place wherever you decide to use it and is very easy to set up and the freeview works a treat.
on 16 May 2014
I have found it almost impossible to get information about the Satellite Input on this LG TV so I thought I should let people know what I've discovered.
I only have a Satellite dish as a source so the TV had to have Freesat built in, The set is not advertised as having Freesat
(even on LG's product page on the website).
When you connect the feed from the dish and 'Auto Tune' the Satellite tuner it picks up various European free to air channels.
They are not automatically arranged in order as with a Branded Freesat device but you can sort them into order and lock out any of the channels you don't want to see in the EPG.

All in all - very happy with this set. Much less expensive than TV's that are advertised as having a Freesat Tuner.