LG 32LA620V 32-inch Widescreen 1080p Full HD Cinema 3D Smart LED TV with Freeview HD/Built-In Wi-Fi

This set was purchased for the bedroom to replace an ageing Hitachi 720p Plasma. The delivery by Yodel was painless and the big box arrived in perfect condition.

Set up.
---------
Not much to do here to the hardware, only attach the stand with the supplied screws. I attached my Sky box to HDMI 1 and my surround amp to HDMI 2.

Switch on.
--------------
There are several things according to how you want to use the TV. It found my Sky box and surround system quickly and set that all up automatically. The next stage was to log into my router. The set found the router wirelessly and asked me for the password which allowed it to join my home network. It took about a minute and then it was connected. It asked me to accept a firmware upgrade which I did and this took just over a minute to download and set up.
That was about it really and within 10 minutes the TV was connected to everything I wanted.

Initial impression.
-----------------------
Comparing it to the older Hitachi the picture quality being full HD was amazing, very sharp, and bright and no action smearing like the Hitachi had. Sound from the built in speaker was above average but through the surround amp it was amazing. Sky HD looks brilliant in every respect. The screen illumination is very even with no dark corners.

After a week of mixed viewing including YouTube and Blue ray.
This TV has great picture quality and it really is a step up in technology from what we had. Using the internet to find shows, music and YouTube stuff is easy and the quality very good. Along with my Sky box and the internet on this TV I can find just about everything I could ever want to entertain me.

The Remote.
------------------
This is similar to other LG remotes we have and it is useful and easy to understand. I have programmed my Sky remote to do most of the TV adjustments like sound and input selection. Overall the remote is logical and well laid out with quite big buttons. The only problem I can find is it is not back lit so if you have the lights off it is difficult to see what you are doing.
You can also buy an LG Magic remote for this TV, I have not done so but it does add extra functionality including voice control.

3D.
-----
This is a 3D capable TV and it comes with 4 pairs of 3D glasses. I have not tried this function out just yet and will report back when we do.

FreeView HD.
-----------------
As we have a Sky box I have not tried this but it is equipped with Free view HD. It should be fine as we have duplicate channels on the Sky Box.

Overall.
-----------
A very nice TV from LG with all the latest stuff on it at the time of writing. It is easy to set up and use and has plenty of features to keep you amused.
I am so pleased with the ease of use of this TV I may buy a bigger version of it for the lounge. I highly recommended this TV.
on 10 September 2013
Ordered yesterday and delivered this morning . First class service from Amazon as always . Ive just set this TV up and love it. It makes my Samsung 40 inch plasma look ancient. Love the stand, a nice grey colour also grey rather than the black round edges. it swivels. Colours are stunning , HD channel just blow me away. I haven't tweaked any of the setting yet, comfortable viewing as it is. No tinny sound on mine, Nor tried the 3d yet due to sky's fault but will add later. This TV is light, managed it all alone. It set up via wireless immediately and has even picked up my laptop which is ready to view on screen. there is so so much that can be done on this Tv that im looking forward to testing. i would recommend this set to anyone , its the best ive had. was a bit apprehensive moving from 40 inch plasma to this one but i have NO regrets, worth every penny. In saying that I did get a real good deal on this from Amazon £602 for a 50 inch screen :0) No sound equipment will be needed for me, ive got sound on 23 and it goes up to 100. will update a bit more later! Have ordered the magic remote from Amazon, £30 cheapest i could find but the remote it comes with is great, big enough buttons and very clear
11 comment| 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 December 2013
To cut a long story short without leaving out any important details, I basically sent two of these back because of issues (both TV's featured all the same issues). I have docked two stars off the TV in respect to this, as even though the TV itself is very good, I feel this could be due to a lack of poor quality control since both TV's had the same problem. I do, however, believe that if you got this TV without the issues, or only used media where these issues aren't a problem (more on that later), this TV would definitely be an amazing performer. What can I say, for £600 I can't honestly say I expected total perfection from a TV with so many features, but I was disappointed to have to send two back nonetheless.

The first issue was the fact that the screen featured dirty screen effect and light bleeding on the sides and corners. This initially didn't bother me since I only watched a bit of TV on it at first, however when I played games I quickly noticed it vividly when I was in dark places or during panning camera shots. If you only use media where this isn't such a problem you might not notice it, but I found even watching Top Gear it was a problem (fast cars mean lots of panning shots). The second TV had this to a worse extent; so far as to have a big dark bar about 6 inches wide all the way from the top to the bottom of the right side of the screen,visible even when just on a plain white screen.

The second issue was that the TV's repeatedly turned themselves off, particularly when scrolling through the menu. Have no idea why this was the case, never did get it figured out so I can't go into deeper detail on the issue.

That aside I feel perhaps I may have gotten unlucky but it has certainly soured my experience with the television, so much so that after sending two back I have opted for a refund and am going to try my luck with a different brand/model. The TV does actually have some really cool features, and I'll go over a couple of these now.

Firstly, the screen is perfectly sharp, so much so that I found it ideal to do my graphic design work on once my laptop was plugged into it. The colours are good on it, and it has a wide range of standard setting if you don't want to set them manually. It has a lot of wizards built in to help you get the settings perfect, and this makes it very user friendly.

I've seen a lot of people aren't too happy with the sound on this TV, but I personally didn't have a problem with it. I felt it played music very well, with a wide range between loud and quiet sounds and good sound all round. I am by no means an audiophile, so take this part of the review with a pinch of salt.

The smart apps were good with BBC iPlayer and 5od, as well as netflix and facebook, but beyond this I didn't find much else worthy of using so in my opinion they're nothing to write home about. I found the appstore to be limited at best and if you're a heavy user of apps on your TV, I would suggest looking into a different model. The apps it did have, however, I never ran into any issues with.

The web browser was okay, for a dual core you can't expect amazing performance and I feel it handled very well. At this price I would definitely say it performed adequately. I didn't use it much, so I'm afraid I can't go into greater detail, however I can say it had a wide range of features you would find on a PC browser, such as bookmarks, settings to browse and delete your history and cookies etc.

While I initially didn't buy into the 3D features since I've always viewed it as somewhat of a gimmick, I was actually pleasantly surprised. The colours remain good, and it definitely gives the screen such a sense of depth that it "pops" nicely. Although it doesn't support true 3D, I found Mass Effect looked really good when converted to 3D, and games that supported 3D looked even better. TV was okay, but in reality there isn't a whole lot on there that was worth watching in 3D in my opinion, however people into sport might take advantage of it. One downfall of this is that you have to be quite far from the TV at a rather specific angle to get the effect well, but with passive 3D this is pretty much a given (as far as I know, feel free to correct me if I am wrong) and I can't really fault the TV for it.

I think that about covers all the main features of the TV, if you have any questions about my review do not hesitate to leave a comment and I will get back to you as soon as I can.
88 comments| 93 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 May 2013
This review is for the LG 42LA620V. This TV has a number of different features which are highlighted in this video.
66 comments| 120 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 June 2014
Very surprised at the quality of the picture from this tv. Easy to install with step by step instructions displayed on screen. Only issue I've had is connecting my sky remote as codes offered didn't work properly but if that's all I have to gripe about then I'm a happy person. Totally recommend.
on 12 May 2014
I bought this TV to replace an 8 year old Sony Bravia LCD which was starting to suffer the odd fault.

Setting up the TV was easy enough - had to download a 650mb udpate but thats fine - I was able to do this using the inbuilt WiFi - which was also dead easy to connect to my home router.

I've yet to use all the features, but the picture quality is brilliant - the sound is absolutely fine. Some reviewers recommend getting a sound bar, and I see some reviewers think the picture quality isn't 100%.

But I think there's two types of people when it comes to TV's. Those who enjoy what is actually on the screen and need sound to accompany it. And then there's those who appear more obsessed with looking at the TV - the colours, the shading etc etc - almost desperate to spot faults - same with the sound. Of course I get it if there's a fault with the sound, but this isn't a bit of kit made in the 80's so if you're a regular punter, the sound will be fine for you.

The TV is nice and light, thin enough for me - I've now got it on a bracket on the wall. Thought the stand looked absolutey fine to me. Saw one reviewer who thoought it looked cheap and a bit rubbish? its a stand. for a TV. and it means you can put your TV onto a cabinet. it works. I'm amazed that people would even bother commenting on it.

not tried the 3D yet - need to get an HDMI cable long enough to plug into my Sky box - although think there might be some demo 3D clips so will try them.

anyone looking for a very good modern TV with all the usual gadgets could do a lot worse than plump for this. You just have to look at the 5 star ratings. even if you got a dud (which can happen with any product) - you can simply return and get a working one.

I'm very happy with the TV and would highly recommend.
1212 comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 May 2015
Loads of problems with this TV. If you just bought it, you have about 12 months (or 12 months plus a few to take you out of warranty) Ours goes black and we are left with sound but NO picture. In addition there are issues with sound being out of synch if watching a movie through a sound system. Only BBCIplayer and 5ondemand available. C4 and ITV do not work (not even if trying to launch through the web). There are endless problems with NETFLIX (not because of netflix) because of LG. I googled the problem with the black screen to see if there are any solutions offered and I found one website from the US that showed more than 100 complaints all with the same problem. A known fault that makes the screen go black. TIP: if you still go ahead and buy this TV, buy it on your credit card to give you extra protection. My friend has a Samsung TV and it looks and feels 100% better than this LG. I would say pay more and get a decent TV.
on 13 June 2014
I am so impressed with our new LG,we have always bought LG as the quality is there but they are always very well priced.The most noticeable thing about this model is the picture quality and the amazing array of functions which I must admit take a while to get to know but its worth the effort as there are so many cool things this TV offers
on 12 October 2014
Brillaint TV. Easy to set up and has so many features. So many in fact that we've hardly scratched the surface so far. This is our first HD TV (been a little late getting to the party) but well worth the wait Great picture, great sound ....................... not much else to say really other then I totally recommend this product
on 10 April 2013
I was in the market for a 3D television. LG ones by far had the most four and five star ratings, so I decided to go for them. As the new 2013 model had just been released, I thought I would go for the latest one, figuring that there may be new and additional features not available on the 2012 version.

FYI - I also recently purchased a 2012 LG Smart 3D TV LG 55LM620T 55-inch Widescreen Full HD 1080p LED Cinema 3D Smart TV with Freeview HD and 4 Pairs of 3D Glasses for a family member, and so I was able to compare both versions.

The 2013 version has built in Wi-fi, which means you do NOT have to buy the USB dongle LG AN-WF100 Wi-Fi Dongle for Wireless Access to LG Smart TV required for the 2012 version. But to my knowledge, that is the only benefit.

The smart apps are all the same - ie BBC iPlayer.
The pictures are equally beautiful -- in both 3D and 2D.
The 2D -> 3D imaging is the same (in both 2012 and 2013 it's an interesting gimmick but still needs improvement)
Both come with four pairs of glasses.

However, the 2013 model has only three HDMI ports, whereas the 2012 has four. I can't imagine why they would change this. Also, the product description on Amazon does not make this clear. For example, I have a satellite box, an Apple TV, a Blu Ray Player and a Playstation. That's four items. I now have to go to the hassle of switching one around on a regular basis. This is not a huge deal; however, given the fact this newer version cost 400 pounds more than the 2012, I would have thought they would not have paired down this feature. So in essence, they are charging 400 pounds more to save you the cost of a 28 pound dongle.

That being said, despite my feeling that this TV is very poor value for money, the picture is superb. In 2D the colors are bright, vivid and crisp. And in 3D (with the right 3D films and players), the scenes are breath-taking.

So overall, I'm happy with LG, but I think it's worth sticking with the 2012 model for now.