Customer reviews

How Did All This Happen?
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£6.49

on 26 October 2014
Thoroughly enjoyed every page of this book. I knew a bit about johns life from listening to his episode of Desert island Discs. Having read this book I would take you john bishop as my luxury item. I know you would keep me thoroughly entertained on the desert island. Recommend this book for all age groups.
on 2 November 2014
As someone who has watched John bishop for many years,it was good to read his story of how he got to the top of his game. Fundamentally a man of family values....swears but not crude....a triumph over adversity on his sport relief challenge. A brilliant feat with the love of his family shining through .....
on 17 August 2014
I thoroughly enjoyed this book. It was both easy and interesting reading. He came across as a really smashing bloke - warts and all. Good on him for following his dream albeit later in years compared to most comedians. It did make me laugh in places and I was sorry to finish the book. Read and enjoy.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 18 April 2015
I didn't really know much about John Bishop, apart from seeing him a few times on the BBC stand-up comedy show.

The book was interesting, and he surely had an interesting journey. There was quite a lot focus on football, which I have no interest in, but the rest of the reading was enjoyable.
on 11 April 2014
This man can laugh at himself and does not take himself to seriously. It was great to read his story of how he got to where he is today. Would recommend this book on many fronts. His childhood years bought back many memories. His split from his wife bought many wise words of wisdom. Overall great read
on 13 January 2015
Enjoyed this book enormously, had me laughing at points and a lump in my throat at others. Never realised what an interesting and different life John has had. Would recommend this book to any one, even if you don't enjoy his comedy you might have a different opinion of the man at the end of the read.
on 25 August 2014
What a brilliant book, seems such a nice man. It was good to read a autobiography that I felt was written by the man himself.
It came through to the reader, the warmth and love that he feels for his whole family. His parents must feel very proud of the man he has become. Thoroughly enjoyed it.
on 6 November 2013
Bit of a slow start inwhich I wasn't 'hearing' JBs voice telling the story, but once the start of how he got into stand up started it was honest, entertaining and very genuine. If you are a fan you will enjoy the book and be a bit surprised perhaps of the strength of character of this funny man.
on 5 January 2015
Must read and a truly interesting man and a man with so much strength and resolve. I have loved this book have felt sad and fried at points but have also enjoyed so much laughter and happiness it has brought. John bishop you are a true legend and comedy genius and we'll done for sticking with it.
on 11 August 2014
A bit slow to get started but about a quarter of the way in it really excels and I laughed so much and almost cried at times. An honest and heartwarming account of a very down to earth person following his heart from his youth. Thoroughly enjoyed abandoning mum duties for the day it took to read!