on 23 June 2013
I think this band has a special sound all of their own, I would say its a type of soulful country style with a beautiful voice making the lyrics wash all over you. There are not many bands that I like on the first listen but these are an exception to that, and I will be buying their album. to sum up this track its absolutely magical and beautiful.
4 people found this helpful
TOP 500 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 23 June 2014
I'd never heard of this band. Maybe I missed them on Jools Holland's show; and if they weren't ever on there, they should be. They are doing something sweet-sounding, catchy and original. Their combination of folksy rhythms and hypnotic vocals sets them apart from the bunch, though the harmonies sometimes swamp the lead vocals. It's a free download so there's no obstacle to giving the band a listen.
on 7 August 2014
A wounded sounding female vocalist with husky, brittle tones - great. Simple musical arrangements of a triphoppy beat with folky overtones like acoustic guitars - very engaging. I would give this five but the lyrics aren't as strong as their delivery, occasionally they're a bit limp or uninspired.

Based on this song I do intend to check out any albums from 'Paper aeroplanes'.
on 13 February 2014
Never heard of Paper Aeroplanes before I got this sample track but they are on my radar now. It's not music that's going to change the world but it's good, very good and it's a nice taster of what to expect from a very talented set up.

It is a relaxing song and the singer's voice is very good, very dulcet tones and some nice raw guitar mixed in. Try it out, you might like it :)
on 27 July 2013
Paper aeroplanes are such a good band, I was lucky enough to see them live recently and Sarah Howells voice is absolutely spine tinglingly beautiful. So much better than most hugely commercially successful bands it doesn't seem fair. Check them out, and their album 'the day we ran into the sea' is equally brilliant.
6 people found this helpful
on 18 June 2013
I really enjoy an acoustic-guitar-and-female-vocal set-up - I've been the guitar player in a few of those. And judging by this song alone, these guys are excellent exponents of the format. Folky and young, and a voice that just draws you in. Lovely stuff.
3 people found this helpful
on 30 March 2014
I had heard the name and a sample and liked it, but the album is far superior to many other I have heard, and is certainly in the upper leagues of the music I have.
I am looking forward to see this band at folk by the oak, its just a shame they are not on the main stage, where they deserve to be.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 30 June 2014
This was a free download from amazon. Listening to it now as I write, the song opens (and closes) with beautiful acoustic guitar and as the song plays out, its strong and catchy sound builds beautifully. "Red Rover" is one of eleven tracks on the album "Little Letters".
on 28 December 2015
This is a lovely, gentle little song that will get in your head and you'll find yourself singing or humming the chorus without realising you're doing it. I like this and it didn't cost a penny!
on 14 March 2014
Firstly, I only downloaded this because it was free - but was so enraptured by it and played it on repeat for weeks that I went to see them live and they were very fine indeed, and now I have multiple albums. Recommended. Beautiful voice. Great songs...