on 26 March 2014
The Gymboss miniMAX can be setup to time pretty much any sequence of intervals. For one of my workouts I use a 30,30rest,60,60rest,90,90rest,60,60rest,90,90rest,60,60rest,30 sequence which the Gymboss handles with no problem. Setting up simple tabata etc is also no problem. I find the interface ok though a little confusing to begin with, but its not too bad.

The Gymboss miniMAX is a no gimmicks, highly capable interval timer and stopwatch.
on 15 September 2017
Once you get used to how it works it's good. I found the menu system a bit clunky to start with.
on 10 July 2017
great product & competitive price
on 6 July 2014
I have been using the 1st/simpler version of the Gymboss for years - seems simple, but there's nothing quite like it - I especially like it for timing stretching routine but also for all sorts of timed exercises. This new version is an improvement because I can now save a whole series of interval programs rather than having to reset the Gymboss each time I want to use a new interval setting (I time different kinds of intervals every day!). As a user of the 1st gymboss, I found this more complex version a bit tricky to program at first - there is a new SET button between the arrow buttons on the top - easy to miss this button because the button strip is all the same colour and it does not look like a button. However once the people at Gymboss told me where to find the SET button (which gives you access to a new menu system that the old gymboss does not have) it is easy enough to set up. Actually, setting it up does take a bit of learning, but it's worth the effort and once learned it's easy. Thanks for the upgrade Gymboss.
on 10 July 2017
This little gadget has definitely streamlined my workouts. I used to clock-watch during interval training which noticeably lessened my focus and effort. Now I can fully commit to each interval knowing the alarms will tell me when it's time to rest then begin again. My workouts are definitely more effective and quicker now that I use the Gymboss. I highly recommend this product.
on 13 January 2016
Excellent product!!

I have purchased the standard Gymboss previously (twice actually! Lost one, dropped a weight bench on the other!!), which is also excellent but the extra intervals and setup menus are worth the extra cost.

I use it in the gym for interval training where you can set it up so you have the working time recorded and the rest time. The sound is loud enough for use in the gym with music on, plus the vibration feature is handy if you have your earphones on. The armband is handy as an extra but not essential as the belt clip works pretty well. I have read some reviews where there have been issues with the belt clip but I can only assume these are one offs or earlier models as I have had no issues with the two I have owned.

One other thing I use it for is to make sure I am drinking enough water whilst at work. I just set it to vibrate only and keep it in my pocket.

I would definitely recommend this product.
on 6 August 2014
Excellent piece of kit. Took a little bit of time understanding the set up, but once mastered, flew through the interval timings that I wanted and began HIIT. For those who do interval training, it's essential to concentrate on the form of your exercises and then let the gymboss do the timings automatically.

Cons: the initial set up can be time consuming and fidly, but gymboss website and YouTube helps.

Pros: perfect for people who interval train. Small enough to carry or wear. Loud enough to alert next interval. Multiple settings for more complex intervals.

I would recommend it.
on 3 February 2017
As a personal trainer this is an invaluable tool. any complex interval routine you can think of, this timer can pull it off. I've had 3 of these timers (replacements due to the fact I always lose them) I'd seriously recommend this timer if you're not getting to result you're looking for or your workouts are getting boring (this is often due to your rest times being to long) well all this is a thing of the past with the gymboss interval timer.
on 6 March 2017
Great timer. I use it all the time. Can't see how I worked out properly without.
With this I am not dependent on the gym clock and can do my own round times. This is also great for my conditioning routine.
on 13 June 2016
Having lost my gym boss timer and relying on the timer on my phone for the first time, I can honestly say this is worth every penny! Amazing for interval training and circuits and it has a vibration system so you don't disturb other gym goers.