on 8 June 2013
I didn't quite understand at first - but this is something every smart phone should have. Battery performance of the BlackBerry Q10 is appalling out of the box (apparently, though, it gets better) - of course, the great thing about a blackberry vs an iPhone and some others is that you can have spare batteries and just swap them out when one dies. To do this sensibly, you need a separate battery charging cradle

This device not only charges your spare battery (and has a 'pass-through' to charge your phone from the same micro USB), IT ALSO DOUBLES AS AN EXTRA BATTERY PACK, and you can use the 'out' plug from the device to plug into your phone (or anything else with micro USB), and charge directly from the spare battery.

It's one of those 'why the hell didn't they do this before?' moments (perhaps someone has) - this combines one of those rechargeable charging devices you can buy with a swappable spare battery, and also means you don't need to carry an additional charger to power it up.

For what it is, I can't imagine it could be better.

AMENDED: "Battery performance of the BlackBerry Q10 is appalling out of the box (apparently, though, it gets better)"
...it doesn't
on 12 November 2013
Although the stock battery in the Q10 is good, I tend to use my phone a lot during the day. This charger can charge both your Q10 and a spare battery overnight - then you close the lid and have a handy carry pack for your spare battery. It has a micro-USB lead which folds out from the side of the charger - this is where you can plug in your Q10 (or any other phone that uses micro-USB to charge). The charger puts out enough juice to even charge your Playbook - a good unit and I'd recommend it to Blackberry power users.
on 22 February 2015
I was unlucky enough to receive a faulty unit that did not charge the batteries properly.

Test your unit by putting in a battery until fully charged (full green light), take battery out, wait two minutes, then put battery back in. If the light starts blinking again (i.e. it is charging a battery that it said was fully charged two minutes ago) then you need to send this back asap before it damages your battery.
on 5 May 2016
An absolute must purchase. As this is barely larger than the battery for the phone itself it will slip into your pocket or bag without a fuss. If you a running low on your phone, then just connect this charger and it will charge it up in short order which then means there isn't a necessity to keep the unit attached to your phone for longer than is needed. Another plus is that this comes with a detachable battery; I noticed a deterioration in performance in my original phone battery, so I've swapped them. My phone now has the brand new one, and the original is working happily as the back-up in this unit.
on 13 October 2015
Fantastic item with a give away price, My battery would get warm when charging inside the Q10, but using this item it does not. The phone can be charged at the same time as the battery in the external charger, using the clever hidden charge/usb cable.
I take the spare battery with me in its charger, using it as a carry case, knowing that the battery terminals cannot short out on coins in my pocket etc.
on 9 December 2013
This little device comes everywhere with me, i charge it and and store it in my works bag as there can be times where i need to travel on business without the ability to gather all of my kit together, this is very important to me and the performance of this device is fantastic.

I tend to use it as a SWAP OUT, so i will replace the battery in the device rather than use the trickle charge, it just seems to be a better option for me. and i can then charge the flat battery whilst the spare is in the phone.
on 7 April 2014
This is a great product as it not only allows you to charge a battery outside the phone but can be used to power the phone directly without removing the existing battery. Very well designed and engineered.
on 1 October 2014
I read other people's reviews saying this product stopped working very quickly but I've had it a couple of months now and it's still going strong. I must admit I don't ever carry it around with me so it takes far less wear and tear than it would get with people that do but nonetheless it seems to me it would be fine if I did, just don't drop it all the time and knock it about.
For me it's just mega convenient to be able to charge a spare battery by itself leaving your mobile freed up for whatever you need it for and/or wherever you need to take it. Then add the fact this handy little gadget cost me less(£13.20) than a spare battery by itself would have set me back it was a no brainer!
on 21 January 2016
Fantastic item. It even includes a genuine BlackBerry battery. It's been months since I purchased the charger and it's been working flawlessly.
For the price, you're buying a battery and the charger/power bank combo.
on 12 July 2016
I expected this product just to be a spare battery and charger. What I hadn't realised, and was pleasantly surprised to find out, was that the battery came in a housing which enabled the spare battery to be 'piggy-backed' onto my BlackBerry rather than having to keep swapping the batteries over in the phone itself. This has made it a very useful product to throw into my bag when I'm out all day and gives me the comfort that my phone will not run out of charge if I have to use it a lot.