Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£2.62

on 27 July 2017
Recreation of First World War conditions for the soldiers and the hospital's who tried all they could to save the wounded. Remarkable to read of the brave women doctors, surgeons, nurses and drivers and orderlies who had to battle prejudices as well as never seen before injuries. A really inspiring read.
on 8 September 2017
My opinion changed as I progressed through the book. At first I found it slow and confusing; too much detail about too many characters. But, ultimately, I am glad I persevered. Although some of my predictions were borne out, there were plot developments that I did not see coming and I think it is always good to be reminded that, even though this story ends in 1978, women are still not entirely " out of the dolls' house".
on 28 August 2017
This book grew on me. There wasn't really enough detail about the hospital and the Grace/Iris story was a bit contrived but by the end I was enthralled.
The time scale was a bit difficult to get my head around. I had to draw my own time line and am still not sure it works.
All in all an enjoyable read.
on 26 March 2017
I'm glad I stuck with it. The Iris storyline for me was more interesting than the Grace plot but it is neatly tied up at the end. Worth a read
on 26 January 2016
I've enjoyed the book. It's a nice story about the First World War and how the people's life, future and personality changed because of the experiences they had in that period. I gave 4 stars because it was a bit confusing with many changes from one character to the other and the past and present times.
on 1 September 2017
I really enjoyed this book. The characters were engaging and the story kept me engrossed. I learnt so much about the conditions the poor soldiers had to deal with in WW1.
on 18 May 2017
lovely story
on 28 March 2017
Really loved this book
on 17 December 2014
This was such a lovely and interesting book. Although it is fiction it does include facts about the war. I enjoyed it thoroughly and still think about the story after finishing it.
on 7 March 2017
Would read another of her books.