Learn more Download now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle New album - Matt Terry Learn more Shop Women's Shop Men's

Customer reviews

on 27 December 2013
great lens, super sharp, fast focus with the right camera. very fast focus on Canon 70D in very low light, very good on Canon 7D. silent as it can be, almost as silent in video as STM lenses from canon(in video does not drains the battery as the old sigma lenses when in autofocus on 70D)
Very good build quality, metal body, great feel overall.
33 Comments| 10 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 4 August 2017
When I first got my hands on the 30mm F1.4 a couple of years ago I hated it. I primarily bought it to replace the use of my 50mm F1.8 because I wanted something a little bit wider on my crop body (600D) for group portraits at indoor events. To begin with I just didn't get it, the results were noisy, out of focus and generally dull. It ended up getting pretty comfortable in my camera bag next to the lifeless kit lens.

To be honest I must have been dreadful at photography back then because when I pulled this out just recently I captured some of the best photographs of my life. Granted I did buy the little Sigma focus adjuster to sort out the shocking focus issue on my 600D and I now understand much more about ISO, F number and shooting RAW etc etc. I paired it with a friends 7D and took it on holiday as a walk about and it performed beautifully, taking both portrait and landscape shots that were pretty damn sharp. I have since taken it out again with my 600D and captured some really great shots.

I now have a 7D of my own and this lens is glued to it.

Anyone with a DSLR that doesn't offer focus micro-adjust in the custom settings will need the Sigma USB dock because otherwise I fear you'll be as disappointed as I was to begin with. I guess what I'm trying to say is give it a chance, because it's brilliant! Also it looks nuts on a smaller DSLR like the 600D so you'll likely be pretty respected among young urban people.
review imagereview imagereview imagereview imagereview image
on 1 June 2015
This is the first lens I purchased for my 7D as I enjoy street photography and shoot the occasional live event. The build quality is outstanding, it really is a great looking lens and feels like a tank. Optically, I am blown away - tack sharp in the center even wide open, and focuses extremely well even in low light. If you're looking for the perfect walk around lens for your crop sensor DSLR, this is it.
on 5 February 2016
A stunning lens. Had to micro adjust to get it pin sharp and may invest in the docking station. The dark sky shots I can get are sharp and stunning. Just wish they had not pulled out of releasing the 20mm/1.4
on 8 September 2013
I love the pics getting with this lens on my canon 60d.
but I had to use the usb dock to adjust the focus, now it is perfect.
Night shots are exceptional, focus is quick as well
44 Comments| 6 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 21 March 2017
I use this lense for party and creative photography, it's truly one of the best primes I've used, the bokeh is crisp and the speed is great, the only issue is the green chromatic aboration that happens when you stop down to 1.4 however this can easily be dealt with in light room
on 23 June 2015
Love this little beauty. I shoot wedding films and this is unobtrusive yet yields incredible results, especially in low light situations. Would'nt shoot a wedding without it!
on 27 February 2015
As far as I can tell it's great. As soon as you pick it up you can feel that it's a premium item. My standard Canon lenses feel quite cheap in comparison.
on 3 December 2015
Great Lens

Nice wide aperture

Clean pics
on 9 June 2017
Great lens, very well built (as other art lenses), optically very good. Top ergonomics, about the right size and weight. It just doesn't get in your way! Great delivery ahead schedule!