on 2 December 2017
Another great collection of songs from the Mod era that I grew up in during the sixties. Now I am past the sixties and in my seventies but this collection of 48 tracks still makes me want to dance.....
on 6 November 2013
I must admit I'm not sure whether all this music can really be classified as 'mod' or not , but it is a good selection of late 50's / early 60's tunes and includes a lot of upbeat, largely 'swing flavoured' r'n.b/rock/blues , soul and ska music ,a bit of jazz and a couple of ballads. Overall its quite an uplifting listen , if you like this sort of thing .
One person found this helpful
on 28 February 2017
excellent
on 28 June 2015
Thanks
on 16 January 2015
cool
on 13 January 2016
perfect for my mod life crisis
on 16 June 2013
Whilst I like the majority of the songs on this compilation including one or two rarities such as Jimmy Ricks great version of Daddy Rollin Stone, Bobby Marchans Booty Green & Sugar Pie De Santo's I Want to Know I have to agree with previous reviewers who state this is not a mod compilation and should not be classed as such. Indeed, I often wonder if some of the people who compile these albums have got a clue about the genre of music in question and just pick songs out of a hat. Many of the songs featured here (Boppin at the Hop, No. 9 Train, It Hurts me Too, Let it Be Me, Pop Eye, I've Got Papers on You to name a few)are more likely to be found on rock n roll or blues compilations & as far as I remember, mods were never too keen on rock'n'roll. My recommendation is if you like the majority of the songs on this album then buy it but if you are after authentic mod music there are far better compilations out there.
3 people found this helpful
on 13 July 2014
Really good CD
on 16 June 2013
used to like the music, just wanted to catch up with what it used to be like, cd plays well and music pretty good for a compolation. .
on 10 May 2013
Really good CD,different collection of songs to most mod albums,no small faces and not one Who track!!!! Very enjoyable and some great moments.