on 12 May 2014
full of easy nice dishes and easy to follow instruction a must for any cook who entertains a lot yes
on 21 January 2014
Yes, it's true . . . you get what you pay for . . . . I intended to give this book to a new university student (my son's girlfriend) who is not a vegetarian and a young, inexperienced cook. Lots of the recipes in the book are vegetarian and whilst I accept that vegatables do provide 'thrify' meals its not what I expected. Also there are absolutely no photos which makes for a boring research into what to cook. However, there is nothing wrong with the book if it's what you are looking for, just not for us.
33 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 June 2014
No pictures at all. Feels more like a free magazine than a cook book. Nothing new, very basic, Don't waste your money
on 30 April 2013
We have enjoyed several of the recipes from this collection and I found the book easy to follow and the results very tasty. Our favourite so far has been the chicken and tarragon pancakes - any recipe involving pancakes goes down well in our family. I'm also looking forward to the glut of courgettes and tomatoes at the end of the summer, for the courgette, tomato and cheese bake. In the meantime, there are plenty more straightforward and practical suggestions to keep the family fed.
on 4 November 2015
A few recipes that can be played with to make my own
on 11 February 2015