Customer reviews

on 12 March 2013
This boxset features the second set of episodes of the complete 32 episode Rejseholdet series. Originally aired in Denmark on DR1 during March and April 2001, ratings were steadily rising with over 1.6 million Danes glued to their TV sets for an hour at 8pm every Sunday night.
The set continues where series one left off and features one of the team being taken into custody! With over 400 minutes of drama, the quality of the show equals that of more recent Danish productions such as Borgen: Series 1 & 2 [DVD] and The Killing - Series 1-3 [DVD] as well as the return of a few familiar faces from both shows.
The most recognisable guest star in this set is Benedikte Hansen (The Killing, and more recently as Hanne Holm - Borgen) who has a recurring role in the series.
If quality drama is what you like, Unit One series 2 is ideal for you.
As usual, audio is in Danish with English subtitles (excluding where English is spoken).
Unit One: Season 3 [DVD] (of 4) continues the series in JANUARY 2014!
36 people found this helpful
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 21 November 2015
I suppose I should have started with the first series, but I shall certainly watch all of the others and in any case the episodes here stand alone. It seems to me that Unit One is well up to the standard of the best Nordic Noir films, very much on a par with: The Killing, The Bridge, Borgen, The Legacy….

The characters here have a particular charm and the relationships between them are handled with sensitive skill. I particularly like La Cour, who is genuinely an original and compelling member of the team, though all are convincing. Perhaps the endings sometimes stretch plausibility somewhat – the unit always arrive just in time, but this is fiction, however born of reality. I find the interrogation scenes which are much more in evidence than in other crime series are particularly fascinating and handled with great subtlety. I look forward to the three series still awaiting.
2 people found this helpful
on 13 February 2018
I really like scandanavian crime series and this is another good one (from the Danes). Made in the early 2000s it has worn well. My only issue was that compared with some others of this ilk the subtitles were a tadge quick.
on 29 November 2016
Sets the style of a mobile task force working out of an articulated truck cruising around Denmark as they are called in to help local police forces up against major crime (homicide mainly) We absolutely love the excellent characters and stories and the cast really is superb. WE have bought more!
on 5 February 2015
I now have series 1-3.The format is a bit dated and some off the translations are a bit odd - but- I love it! Interesting to see actors who have gone on to films and other dramas (Hannibal, The Killing (1,2 & 3), The Bridge (1 & 2) The Hunt, Headhunter etc etc). Watch out the music (very dated) will get inside your head. All in all, 5/5.
2 people found this helpful
on 2 October 2017
absolutely love unit one, it has everything, great stories, strong characters that you grow to love or hate, can't wait to watch the next episode, so easy to binge on. also mads before Hannibal, marvellous.
on 21 February 2018
Brilliant!!! Wish they were still being produced. Greatly missed. Modern series are nowhere near this superb acting and story telling level.
on 6 May 2016
Another crime series from Denmark with a very young Mads Mikkelsen, I believe it was made in the late 90's sometime but is still good Nordic Noir.
I have series 1 & 2.
on 22 June 2018
Love this show great condition good price
on 28 June 2015
I do like following foreign film and TV series. This one is follows good storylines and keeps up the pleasure I found when I watched series 1.
One person found this helpful