Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 15 August 2015
Different than the layout of the previous series'. I enjoyed how they focused on specific characters from series 3 and 4 and how they have progressed into adulthood. I would have liked for this series to have been a full 10 episodes (as was the norm) as compared to just 6.
on 27 July 2015
A good series ,followed by possibly the three main characters from series one to four how they followed on with they're lives after college,without giving to much away and you've enjoyed the rest of the series buy it.
on 16 August 2013
I was a bit disappointed with the ending but enjoyed the DVD overall it was well written and acted the cast were very believable its just the very end bit.
on 10 January 2017
Ball-bashingly awful. Things that were explained no longer are. The plausibility has gone, and that was less than in previous times.
on 17 April 2014
Excellent finale, is a must see if you are fan of This tv drama, go for it, do not hesitate
on 29 March 2015
Fire is an outstanding two-parter, however I was slightly let down by Pure and Rise.
on 15 May 2015
Great dvd
on 8 April 2014
The final series of Skins brings back 3 major characters from generation 1 and 2 (and some cameos of others).

There are 6 episodes split into FIRE, PURE and RISE with two parts each.

FIRE is about Effy now working in an office in London. I'd give these two episodes 3 stars. It was okay, but nothing great.

PURE is about Cassie, also now living in London. This is complete and utter crap. It is possibly the most boring thing I have ever seen. As a big Skins fan, I'd suggest just skipping the two PURE parts. Absolutely not worth watching unless you REALLY feel you have to. I'd give these two episodes 1 star.

RISE is, by far, the best of the three. Bringing my (and a lot of others) favourite character back, is Cook. The last time we saw Cook we were left with a great ending. The two episodes overall I'd give 4 stars. We didn't NEED to see more Cook as I felt the ending of series 4 was awesome. But he is a great character and being able to see what he is like 2 years on was a cool.

Out of FIRE, PURE and RISE, they definitely saved the best for last. But seriously, PURE is so boring it is ridiculous. This is definitely worth the buy to finish off the series, but to be honest, they could have just released RISE. FIRE is good, but not really anything great at all.
I just want to finish this review by, once again, saying how boring and awful Cassie's two episodes are here. What a joke. BUT this DVD is worth buying to finish off the series.
on 3 March 2014
Well all I can say is that Hannah Murray is the only good thing about this.
I would have preferred it if they had just sold skins pure on it's Own.
Pure was just very enjoyable to watch and the actors are very good. (5 Stars).

Fire was very poor and just did not seam like skins. Kaya's character Effy in fire was god awful just like in the 2nd gen. And the only one that was worse was cook. Like with gen 2 the female actor's that played Emily and Naomi were very good.The rest as I said just did not seam like skins at all. (2 Stars).

Rise well a complete stemming pile. I would have preferred that they had done a movie type episode about a 3rd gen character.
This was worse then any of the cook episode from the 2nd gen. And with the way the 2nd gen ended I just would have had the character killed by foster. It's not even that the acting is bad. Most of it is O.K apart from the guy that played cook. The supporting Actors were O.K But I can't give skins rise more then (1 star).

To finish apart from pure the 7th series of skins just did not seam like skins at all and the of the main characters they used should not have been the one that were used.
on 1 May 2015
good item at a good price